Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I offend anyone for posting this pic, I know some people don't like tattoo's and I respect that.   Hubby just got this tattoo yesterday and I am getting the same one on Thursday. Problem is, I'm having a  really hard time deciding where to get it. With my job I can't have them exposed and I already have two on the back of both shoulders and lower back. I was thinking my upper arm but I have to be in a wedding in August wearing a sleeveless gown. I already talked to the bride to be and the groom and they have no problems at all with this new tatt being exposed. So upper arm or upper side of my leg?? I've been sitting here thinking about it non stop and just can't decide what spot.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I think its gorgeous!!!!!!!! I would say upper arm!!!!! If you put it on your Upper leg nobody will see it:(  Well except hubby lol  :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
OMG!!! That looks awesome!! I would probably put that on the side of my leg right under the knee area. I think that would be a great spot. Very creative tatt, I love how you incorporated her pawprint.  :D

·
Registered
948 Posts
I agree with OdinsDad! And that tattoo is absolutely beautiful! The best portrait I've ever seen! I love tattoos (very addicting and I think they feel good) and my bf wants to get a portrait of his pitbull done, but I won't have it.. I like seeing them on other people but his body type isn't cut out for a tattoo period (looks wise)...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I love the tattoo. Whoever did that did an awesome job and it is one of the best ive ever seen. I think if you got one . Id say to get it on the leg if you got a portrait. And i dont think u would offend anyone on here with that.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The tatt your hubby got looks awesome...Thanks to Mastray, I think I'm going to get Lilly if the Valley's tatted to my upper back (between shoulder blades at base of neck). and have my tat guy put Lilly in bold elegant scroll through the middle (Silly Lilly's AKC name is Lilly of the Valley).

I think you should find/ figure out how big its gonna be before you decide where to put it.  If its gonna be bigger then I think you should put it on your leg.  If its gonna be small then I think you should go with your arm.  I have a tatt on each should, a big one on my lower back, one on each ancle, and one on the big toe of my right foot.  My problem is if I put one somewhere that is on one side of my body then I feel lopsided until I get another one on the other side of my body in the same general area.

I'm also planning to put a butterfly on the top of one foot ( for freedom), stars on the top of the other foot (for imagination and whimsy), and a fairy and angel together to show the dueling energies of womanhood.

If you can't tell, I love tatts and could likely name this as an addiction.  LOL!!!

Best ol Luck and I know it'll turn out wonderfully!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
LOL yeah tats can become very addictive surprisingly... as weird as it sounds. I have four...
one on the shoulder blade
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/mastray/Tats/hummingbird.jpg
one on lower back
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/mastray/Tats/butterflytattoo.jpg
one on the right side of my chest
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/mastray/Tats/newtat.jpg
one on the left side of my foot... ouch is right! LOL
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/ ... tattoo.jpg

I think it should go on the arm if it's not going to be too big... though you have to make sure HOW SMALL they can go with such a detailed tat. The side of your calf would be a good spot too... but you said upper leg... so I say arm!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I love the tattoo on your foot!! I want something like that done! I had a butterfly done on my spine and loved every second of it!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I dont think your an arm tattoo canidate. If your already questioning it because of the wedding what will happen down the road. I have seven all together. One on my upper arm. I dont regret it but if I had to do it over again I wouldnt get it there. Do you have to wear dresses alot, is that why the upper leg would be the other choice. I think it would look cool on the calf..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I haye to be the party pooper, but I think it's a bad idea
i have 3 tattoos all of which i got in my early 20's i have one i got when i was 16.
All i can say is as time passes and you get older, things in life change from decade to decade. what you like now you might not later and things you hate now you may become a little more open minded about.
life is short and you should do what you feel is right for you. it doesn't matter what people on a forum say.
the tattoo it self is awesome and if you really want it, than go for it.
it was just a year ago i wanted to add a forth tattoo. (something harley related) i was kinda into harleys, bough a new one, drove it for a year and kinda lost interest.
glad now i didnt get it.
just food for thought.
good luck

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ha ha, when I read the title of your post I completely took it to mean that you wanted to get Chloe tattooed for ID purposes!

I love tattoos (I have 5) but I'm very weird about where they go.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Some people really do have "issues" with seeing tatoos on people, esp women..I guess that old stigma about being a "bad girl"...I like seeing tatoos on other people, providing it's not overdone...No GNR, ok? Having said that, my ex had 2, me, uh uh, no way, I'm deathly afraid of needles.. :)

That is an awesome tatoo..Love it..My vote would be the leg depending on the size of it....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Brandon has a girl of me on his arm & it offened people he use to work with

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I forgot to mention I have 11 tatts altogether with two of them being of each side of my lower leg. One is a pretty big 9-11 memorial. When I go in I'm going to see what it would look like on the right side of my lower leg but he already mentioned it would have to be a lot smaller and probably lose a lot of detail. Sadly enough tattoo's do offend a lot of people. I've had a lady walk up to me in a store and completely flip out of me due to her religious preferences and like I told her I respect everyone

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
If you don't want to lose detail, what about getting it on your belly? Maybe you could work in your belly button somehow, say the middle of Chloe's pawprint? I don't know....just a suggestion. Either way I think it will look awesome!  :wink:

·
Registered
905 Posts
My God, some people obviously have far too little to be worrying about in life!  I can't believe someone actually told you you were offending their religious beliefs by having a tattoo!  How rude.  You should have told them that you're an athiest and that their religious beliefs were offending you!

Thankfully I've only ever had positive responses to my tattoos - usually people asking what the Elvish says.  Although then again, you do have to deal with the "pokers" - random strangers who think it's perfectly acceptable to start prodding you in the back or the shoulder when they spot a tattoo.  Does anyone else get that???

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Love the tat- if the arm is going to work best with detail go for it. Detail is what makes it stand out. Keep us posted after you get it done.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts