Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did speak to another vet this morning and basically got quoted 450 dollars less but I will gladly pay the extra 450 to know she is in good hands. Chloe wasn't due for her surgery until next Wednesday but due to a cancellation they are able to get her in tomorrow at 7:30 am. I'm so not ready for this...I know I sound like a wuss but I've already shed some tears..I hate the thought of her going thru all of this but at the same time now it has to be done. They informed me she might have to have a drain tube put in where the one spot is located and also might have to stay over night..I have never been without my baby that long! I'm already a wreck and tomorrow isn't even here yet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am so sorry that Chloe is having to go through this.  I know exactly what you are going through.  I went through this two months ago with my Dixie.   I can't tell you how many tears I shed.   Feel free to PM me if you like and I'll be happy to share my experience with you.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious Chloe.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww..nothing but {{{{positive vibes}}}} being sent your way. Chloe will be fine and home with you before you know it. Relax...have a drink or two!  :wink:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone.. I don't think I would be upset as I am if I didn't see hubby more freaked out then I am.  He's usually my rock thru tough times but not this time.  Thank goodness I got you all!!  I'll take some pics of her tomorrow if I am allowed to pick her up..This should be interesting cause the last time she had the lamp shade on her head she planted her butt down at the vet's office and REFUSED to move until we took it off.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not sure where the worrisome lump is but if its on the body perhaps a tee shirt would work instead of the cone.  We used a tee shirt for Dixie since it was on her side and it worked really well.  I used a large one and would knot it over her back so she wouldn't step on the ends.   She really didn't mind the shirt and she looked so cute with her tee shirts on.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Shari, you & Chloe will be in my thoughts and prayers...Hoping that everything goes well in the morning..Please keep us posted..Big hugs for you, it's always hard to watch our babies go thru things, but as this got moved up, it's like you haven't had time to prepare...Know that we all are here for you as well.....

·
Registered
270 Posts
WOW...I wish you the best of luck!  Chloe and Fiddler are sending THE most positive BOXER vibes ever for your baby!!  It is sooo ok to cry!  They are our babies...we love them!  I do hope all works out well for you!  I will be thinking of you and your dog, family tomorrow!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
We are thinking about you and Chloe this morning.  :goodman:  Let us know how she does.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts