Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18,320 Posts
Unless you have been trained to use one, I wouldn't do it...I actually used them on my first 2 boxers, but also found that they were totally ineffective as far as walking, they handeled much better for me with a Gentle Leader....One other thought about choke chains, I saw a dog hang himself while wearing one, and to this day I can see that image like it just happened...That is what really turned me off of them..Try a Martingale or a Gentle Leader for walking, I think you would be much happier and so will your Boxer.... :)

· Registered
18,320 Posts
Psychologically? No, I don't think there are any long terms effects, physically, yes, it could if used for a long period of time incorrectly, especially if started at a young age when your boxer is still growing..It very easily could damage the throat....At the end of the day, if you are walking your boxer and you can't control him, it makes for an unpeasant experience for both of you, which could have long term effects....You get frustrated, your boxer gets frustrated, it's a no win situation....Samson is a dream to walk now, but I even used a Halti on him at first, which Angel now uses and walks great for me now..So we all enjoy ourselves.... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.