Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
I think this topic always comes down to the person and the dog. I would not use a choker is because Boxers are a bronchial breed and it can damage them. I do recomend a pinch collar for certain dogs though. Some dogs just straight pull you on every walk, I have seen hard pullers stop almost on the spot with a German Prong collar or a Tripple Crown.

http://www.aboutdogtraining.com/panel.php?5

· Registered
32 Posts
caillou\";p=\"45153 said:
This isn't a pic of my dog but i have the same harness - it tightens under the front legs when Voltaire pulls too hard. I've been using it for about 6 months now and it's GREAT. Changed our walks for the better and he doesn't suffer a bit. It gives me fantastic control too as i can really pull him close if i need to. I highly recommend :)

The only thing I like to chime in about with regards to these harnesses is that it just gives your large dog more leverage to pull you. I have seen this first hand, but some of it could be the dog. My dog just lower it's center of gravity and pull harder. Once I got a prong collar on her it was night and day, so much more pleasent for both of us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.