Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather was nice today so I took Gaby in town for a walk at the dog park...so we get there and Gaby starts tugging quite hard on the leash and getting in front of me, so I correct her like I normally do by tugging back on the leash and bringing her back to a heel position.  

Then this guy is coming up behind me with his dog off leash and I can hear him calling and calling his dog which isn't paying any attention to him what so ever, and of course Gaby is getting excited and jumping up on her hind legs towards the other dog, so I tugged back on her leash and made her sit until she calmed down...

As this guy is passing he has the nerve to say to me "you should train your dog to walk without a leash like mine instead of choking the [email protected]#$ out of the dog"...I then responded by telling him that he should mind his own business and to also notice that she was wearing a martingale collar which does not choke the dog if he even new what that was, and not say anything if he didn't know what he was talking about, and said there is a big difference between restraining and choking...he then responded in a rude manner with "I just can't stand seeing people that are choking the [email protected]#$ out of there dog"...at this point he was ahead of me quite a bit and there were more people coming so he shut his yap...

After a while of walking I had almost reached the end of the park and what do I see? his dog getting into a fight with someone elses dog, he then picks up his dog because he didn't even have a leash for him and starts to walk back, so as we cross paths I told him "should have brought a leash eh?"...then he says to me "your gonna get tazered" :lol:
so I replied with "is that a threat?", of course he said nothing and kept walking....so then the people with which his dog got into a fight with asked me what his problem was, so I told them and there comment was "he doesn't even have a leash and can't even control his dog".....sorry for the rant, but this just gives me another reason to dislike dog parks...

So what do you guys think, was I restraining or choking?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
You were restraining Gabby and should of been choking that guy!
His dog should be on a leash if he has no control over it when its not on a leash!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
um hello... last time i checked, u had to have your dog on a leash... if that dog hurt anyones dog he could get sued up the wazoo... though i think he should... what an BUTT!!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smack83\";p=\"86923 said:
You were restraining Gabby and should of been choking that guy!
His dog should be on a leash if he has no control over it when its not on a leash!
believe me I wanted to choke him for saying that, but I didn't want to sink myself to his level..

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
You were restraining Gaby and teaching her to settle.  I can't believe he threatened you saying you were going to get tazered, aren't they illegal unless you are a police officer?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely restraining, and you also showed admirable restraint as well...What an idiot...You could almost accept it if he had a well mannered dog, but when his dog is no better than him? And then to make threats? He has a serious problem....

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i honestly would have laughed in this guys face if he told me he was gonna tazer me just because it is soooo outlandish...who says that trash? What an idiot. The first part would have pissed me off and i would have wanted to choke him as well but that tazer bit had me cracking up. sorry im sure it wasnt funny at the time but WHAT and idiot!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Donya\";p=\"87017 said:
i honestly would have laughed in this guys face if he told me he was gonna tazer me just because it is soooo outlandish...who says that trash? What an idiot. The first part would have pissed me off and i would have wanted to choke him as well but that tazer bit had me cracking up. sorry im sure it wasnt funny at the time but WHAT and idiot!
Ya I kinda chuckled about the tazer bit afterwards too with the people that were behind him....like you say soo outlandish, why would you even think of a tazer?....and like Barb mentioned, only police can carry them, but I suppose it's not impossible to get one...look at all the other illegal things that find there way onto our streets.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Boy which reminds me some of the reasons why I like living in Thailand. Tazer you!! how stupid can that guy be....

It drives me nuts too when someone walks without a leash and they think their dog will listen when they are in the act of smelling each other. This weekend I told one of my neighbors why don't you get a leash after his dog didn't listen and came to smell Britney. The problem was he spoke thai and my thai is not so fluent...lol anyway I pointed to the leash and told him in body language you should get one of THESE!! He just smiled and laughed it off...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I am still laughing about that tazer thing because i know a guy here that has one and used it on his friend like a moron. i think he put it on you tube. i cant imagine telling anyone im going to tazer you. HAHA

·
Registered
245 Posts
HAHA what a jerk...and how very mature to threaten you like that. But Karma's a b**** aint it...his dog proved that he needed one as well. Also...you were definitely just trying to restrain Gaby. You did the right thing.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Restraining! Great job by the way. Don't know what I would have said back! Seems like a lot of people had attitudes yesterday which I can't understand. It was SO beautiful. The two guys were getting ready to brawl because the guy was accusing the guys dog of trying to bite his dog. But Odin got to play with a GORGEOUS white boxer boy and box with a rotti!

·
Registered
139 Posts
That guy sounds like a complete jerk, someone should put a leash on him!!! In my city its illegal to have a dog in public without a leash unless your in a designated dog park, so we are definitely doing the right thing by having our dogs under our control!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know what you mean.  I have Lucy in obedience class and her instructor suggested a prong collar.  It works wonders!  Anyways, I posted some pics of her on another forum with it on, and some lady came back and said, "Uh, she looks really strong.  You better be careful with that collar on her, it could really hurt her if she got too much of a lead."  Ugh!  People!

·
Registered
204 Posts
WOW. I haven't encountered anything like that in a dog park. However I have encountered some crazy people else where. That guy is probably upset about something else and just trying to find an outlet to get his frustration out. There is no point to say something like:'' I will taze you". It is rediculous. People who doesn't leash their dogs most of the times is because they are lazy. You did the right thing by restraining your dog.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for your comments everyone, I'm sure most of you guys know how much I love my little girl and that I would NEVER do anything to harm her.....I still can't believe that guy, what an A..hole!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts