Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now lets all be honest here! How many of you will be giving your boxers christmas presents?! I hope I'm not the only crazy one that buys christmas gifts for my dog and yes, I even wrap them up for her! It's just that Daisy is such an important part of our family so why shouldn't she get treated at Christmas? So come on, who's going to make me feel a little less insane and admit that they do the same?

Heather

P.S- Don't tell Daisy but shes getting a new kong, some new toys and some special dog biscuits!  :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Heather....... you are not insane.  Have you walked into a petsmart or  target or neiman marcus or even your grocery store... they all have something for pets!  I agree that your pet is an important part of you life.  I am probably going to get Cactus one new toy.  I have only owned him for six weeks so I just bought him all new toys and such.  But yes, he will have  a wrapped present under the tree.
~Anne

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a relief to know I'm not the only one buying prezzies for my dog! I actually work in Pets At Home (similar to Petsmart) here in the U.K so as you can imagine Daisy gets spoilt rotten being as I'm constantly surrounded by all sorts of goodies at work!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oh you are lucky!  Or perhaps it is Daisy who is lucky!  I am also sure you see tons of people loving on your pets... do they allow you to bring your dogs in to the store over there... they do here so Petco is an interesting place to go sometimes.
~Anne

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah dogs are welcome in our stores as long as they are on a lead. I think it is Daisy that's the lucky one! I certainly make the most of my staff discount!

Heather

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh if I worked in a pet store Samson would be in doggie heaven....No Heather you are not crazy,,we all spoil our babies rotten, X-mas being no different...Samson has given me his wish list & of course at the top is venision,,he's nutz over that, than lots of greenies & a nice warm sweatshirt...Anything I get for him, will be wrapped (of course)... :) They are our babies, why shouldn't we spoil them a bit???

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nope, definatly not insane!!!!  Although maybe I am because I dress Chance up in his santa outfit on Christmas and let him tear the wrapping off his gifts.  He ran around the house last year showing everyone his new toys...it was so cute.  

I used to take Chance into petsmart, but whenever we passed the donation bin that looks like a Golden Retriver, he would bark at it like crazy and run away from it and cause a big scene.  Haha, boxers have the best personalities!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I went to Indiana this weekend to shop and found them dried chicken breast filets and a toy ball that dispenses treats when rolled.  That should drive them nuts.  It's designed to keep them from getting bored.  I know I'm not done yet either.  Maybe a few bully bones and whatever stocking fillers I can find.  I actually have as much bought for them as I do my skin kids. :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts