Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here with my pup Oscar (16 weeks).

Just wanted to know why when doing his number 2's does he insist on moving his back legs around creating a circle of poo...meaning he ends up walking in it....have had him 6 weeks and he has always done this.
Is this normal and will he grow out if it ?

Great site by the way, full of useful info.

Tony & Oscar

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to you and Oscar.  Kiah walks as she poos but not in circles.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome....Gunner does the same thing. He is 8 1/2 months old. I would say 75% of the time he steps in it. Im hoping he will out grow this also...In the mean time keep a bucket of warm water and a rag handy...Good luck...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hoosier used to back into his poo. I kept him on a lease for a while and would help him "balance". After a while he learned to stop leaning backward and now makes an extra effort to carefully come out of poo position. I think he didn't have the strength to keep from falling back.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My dog JayJay did it, too  - he circled two or three times - and then he tried to put the poo on higher places like bushes or big mushrooms.
But he never stepped inside his poo, so I think they learn not to step inside maybe when they are older (JayJay came to me at the age of 2 years)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree that it is probably something they grow out of.  Fiona walks sometimes when she is going, but she no longer circles she is 8 months old

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I'm not much help with your question, other than to say that Angel, even at 2 still walks sometimes when she poos..... :) Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing some pics of Oscar

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome.  He will probably out grow it!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
When things are runny, Ringer likes to go in a circle but when they are solid, he builds pillars of poo.  He has done that for the last three months I have had him and I try to direct traffic if I see him getting ready to walk in his own poo.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Reese is 9 months and she will start in one spot and do a semi circle.  Then she will find a new spot and finish!! Savannah does her duty in one area and is done.....no decorations from her!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
haha Isis walks when she goes...walks all over lol..always has..she walks so that she seems to poo in a line..kind of funny..lol

...probably grow out of stepping in it though.. :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Check in the Announcement section, there is a Sticky topic about posting pics and adding avatars...I would suggest using a photo re-sizing program to shrink pics before posting, Batch Image Resizer is a free program you can download that is very easy to use as well....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Haha, just read through this thread and wanted to add that Roxy used to do this up until very recently too!  It's only in the last couple off weeks that she seems to be able to hold her balance long enough to stay still when she's poo-ing!  Our Pug however, does something ebven worse than just stepping in it, he's got a habit of doing his business and then sort of kicking backwards a few times before running off!  This means that the poo gets sprayed across the lawn and all over his back paw - very gross!  I make sure my OH is waiting at the door with the baby wipes lol!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin grew out of it... but he use to do that... maybe they think it helps it come out faster or something! LOL

Welcome to the forum... you'll love it here!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts