Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read some great info. about AKC papers.

Could someone tell me a little more about CKC and what the differences are?!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I thought it was Continental Kennel Club. Thats what we got when we acquired Blitzen. I've also heard its not worth the paper its printed on, but I don't know that for sure. If anybody could shed some light on this subject it would be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Boxerpop\";p=\"82965 said:
I thought it was Continental Kennel Club. Thats what we got when we acquired Blitzen. I've also heard its not worth the paper its printed on, but I don't know that for sure. If anybody could shed some light on this subject it would be appreciated. :D
yeah I've heard that's a completely made up kennel club. basically used to get fake papers to say a dog is registered somewhere.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cry:      I knew it stood for Continental Kennel Club.  That is what Binga has papers from.  Now I wish I hadn't wasted my money.    :?

But I agree with Boxerpop...  if anyone knows more detailed info. I would love to know!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
There are some threads on the usefulness of any registration papers on this forum and a bunch of info on the internet.  Try google.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did a search for CKC papers on here.  Didn't find anything.  Maybe I didn't do the right kind of search.  

I will try again.  I will search google too, but I thought maybe someone on here had something similar to the AKC info. that was posted.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Basically anyone can send in to get CKC (continental kennel club) papers. The breeder does not need to prove the pedigree of its dogs. So they could actually be registering mixed breed dogs as well. As long as you send them money you can get the papers.  So, in many people's opinions they are worthless and are used extensively by backyard breeders and puppymills in order to be able to say their puppies are registered.
The Canadian Kennel Club also uses the letters CKC, but they are a reputable kennel club, comparable to the AKC.
If you search CKC and backyard breeders in google you can get a lot of info too (info not provided by the ckc website that is)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
http://www.jovilea.com/Boxers/registration.html

Is your dog REALLY registered?

<>The other night, a friend called me to tell me she'd finally found the registration papers on her boxer girl.  I had seen pictures of this girl, and I'd been curious to know what her breeding was.  With some hesitation, my friend said to me, "Well, she's not AKC like I thought, she's CKC registered".
Sadly I informed my friend that there was no way I'd be able to look up the parentage, since it was likely that the ancestors were unknown, if even purebred.  Her dog was not legitimately registered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The REAL McCoy. . . . .

In the fall of 1884, a small group of dedicated breeders got together and created the American Kennel Club. The goal of the AKC was three-fold:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i must say...    this is depressing.

oh well..   nothing can be done now.  learn as you go.  Binga is a great girl and I love her anyways!  She is my little companion papers or not.  

Off topic.  But I was reading through some old posts and I found one of my first ones.  Man I sounded like SUCH an idiot...    when yall read my post I can picture the gritting of the teeth.   :axe:     :doh:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ha- boxerboys...
So the papers might not mean anything, (they shouldn't for pet dogs anyway) but you still have a pup to love and she doesn't know the difference either!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for all the info HannaBanana.  That is just crazy.  People will do anything for a buck I guess.  Sadly it hurts the dog.

I feel bad for Binga and I hope that she doesn't have any really serious health problems down the road.   :(     We will take care of her and do whatever we can for her if the need arises.  

Its very tempting to get ahold of her breeders and ask why she is CKC....    just out of curiosity.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boxerboys - so true that can be.  

g00dgirl - very true.  and that does make me feel better.  she is my pet (not for show or breeding) and i love her dearly   :)       and like you said I don't think she cares if she is registered or not.    :wink:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
funny i was thinking the same...since i saw the CKC thing on that idiots page on my space and shes brags her white boxer female that shes breeding is CKC not AKC..i get it..lol

its ok though..live and learn...got some great boxers reguardless..and education is the key to growing so we can pass it on...:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts