Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Ear question

Guys i am new to the cleaning of ears. What exactly do you use to clean them and how? I had an Iguana so clipping the nails is not a problem. My Boxer also has some red spots that look to be scabbing over and when he scrathes with his paws he whines loudly. Not sure if its because his nails are hurting when he scratches the scabs or if it is something more serious. Like i said he only complains when scratching the area. Maybe they just need to be cleaned, But i need to know the proper way to clean them first. Anyone? Copper is now 14 weeks old.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I would use a special wipe or solution made (ph balanced) for the ears.   If its a solution, then here is what I do.  I use a 2x2 gauze pad and soak it (not dripping) with solution.   Stuff it into the ear, fold over the floppy ear and massage the ear with the gauze pad in it.   The ear of a dog is shaped in an "L" so there is no way that the gauze can do any damage being in the ear - unless you literally shove it down there.  

Massage for about 2 minutes, lift the ear and take out the gazue, and hopefully the gunk to go along with it.    Also there are eye and ear whipes.  I just bought Paul mitchel's product and love them.  I take the whipe and cover my finger as I go in and get out gunk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts