Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How on earth can I clean foam from a doggy bed? I do not want to throw it away because the foam is like egg crate stuff on the top and it specially made for a leather/fur bed.. Mia pee'd in it when she was like 3 months old and I hosed it down, but I don't know if its safe to put in the washer.. lol I don't think it would fit unless I took it to a laundermat. We want to use it for puppy #3... Its special to me because it was my yorkie's favorite bed..

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I haven't got a clue what size or shape bed you are talking about or whether it's the kind that would go to pieces in a washer.  But I would think if you could take it outside and hand wash it with your laundry soap, rinse it really good with maybe the hose, and then let it air dry, that might work.   Or, could you put it in a shower and wash it that way and then squeeze out the water and let it air dry outside.   Where there's a will there's a way lol.  Hope you can fix it.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I would combine what Kate said with spraying it outside with the hose and also use the Natures Miracle when washing it!.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I would just take it outside and soak it with Natures Miracle, then let it air dry. That's what is recommended also if a pet pees on a mattress. Good Luck!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Can the foam be removed?  If so wash the outside cover and buy another piece of foam at Walmart or fabric store and cut it to size.  We usually buy the twin sized foam waffle mattress pads at Walmart, they are about 10-15 dollars and you can usually get two mats out of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts