Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks again everyone. Right from the start, we thought that there was too many litters for her age. Not knowing anything about breeding was one of the reasons I posted my question. Your replies reaffirms this.

We have not signed any ownership agreement papers and wouldn't be even meeting the dog and breeder for a few weeks since she just gave birth on the weekend. I've done some more digging (thanks google!) and found who the sire is and where he comes from.

I wouldn't classify any of the breeders involved as byb's or puppy mills, but definitely not as reputable as the good ones out there. It seems they at least do selective breeding, but maybe not as much health testing as one would hope. Seeing as you can't register Olde English Bulldogs with AKC or CKC may have something to do with this.

So right now we're leaning towards walking away from this. I guess we're looking at it two ways. We could go out and find the best of the best breeder, and wait for the right dog to become available and pay rightfully so for it. Or could go this route and treat it like a rescue and take it as it is. If you adopt a dog from a rescue, humane society, or animal services, you don't know the complete history on it either. At least this one we know what the history is to a point, we may not agree with it, but at least it's something.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
907 Posts
Or could go this route and treat it like a rescue and take it as it is. If you adopt a dog from a rescue, humane society, or animal services, you don't know the complete history on it either. At least this one we know what the history is to a point, we may not agree with it, but at least it's something.

The only thing is this isn't a rescue. If you were to go through with this in a way you're ok'ing the actions. You're supporting her breeding while taking care of the female then turning her back over for the actual breeding. You may not be paying money directly but you're completely supporting what will happen to the female and the breeder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The only thing is this isn't a rescue. If you were to go through with this in a way you're ok'ing the actions. You're supporting her breeding while taking care of the female then turning her back over for the actual breeding. You may not be paying money directly but you're completely supporting what will happen to the female and the breeder.

I completely agree with you. There's too many red flags on this so we're deciding to walk away.

Besides, our heart is with a boxer and we've got a line on one that was brought in from Italy and will not be used for breeding as a mild aortic stenosis was found during her health testing.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts