Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything I've read says boxers are sensitive to cold and heat.  I live in Idaho and it is COLD!  This morning I think the wind chill is zero.  Does anyone have a coat for their pup for outdoor outings to help keep them sane and "played out"?  If so, what size do you think?  Thanks for the help.

Rhonda

G

·
0 Posts
I just bought a little sherlock holmes coat thingy for Jetta...it's a bit big...but she is growing so fast I purposly bought it big.  From what I read, a lot of boxers fall into the XL (22-24 ) inch sizes..

·
Registered
212 Posts
I need to get something for carter cause im here in chicago and it does get cold...I just dont know where to get a good quality one from

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Or try Dr Fosters for some great sweatshirts...Or do what I did, cut the sleeves off a couple old sweatshirts and use those....I didn't think any that I bought would fit Samson....

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi - what about their paws? Has anyone tried to put boots on them? I have 2 puppies (approx 9 wks) and was looking to get them some sort of jacket.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Living in WI, I have used boots for my dog.  If we are just going outside to go potty on grass, then I usually don't unless it is way below 0.  If going on concrete or blacktop then I always did.  With Kiah I have a coat and booties for her for the winter.

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you know anyone who is a good at knitting you could have them make a sweater for your dog.  My MIL got a pattern and made a great heavy sweater when we had Berkeley, when we had the three of them she was the only one who was always cold.  The thing I liked about the sweater is that it fit her snug but still moved and stretched with her but didn't get in her way when she was running or going potty.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
We got a coat for Sadie, she's already needed to wear it outside on short walks around the block. It gets extremely cold where I'm from in Canada. The coat we got her is like the coats used for horses there are many places you can buy them online. I think this type are the warmest.

Here's Sadie in hers.  :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts