Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard thiis at a pet store so i dont know if its true that one of the ways to get a shiny coat on a dog is to put a table spoon of cottage cheese in with their food is this true

·
Registered
977 Posts
Don't know about cottage cheese, but a tin of sardines from time to time or a spoon of olive oil on their food works for mine......(and lots of stroking :D )

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I don't know about the cottage cheese, hadn't heard that one..Like Caillou said, sardines packed in oil, esp olive oil are very good....grooming regularly also is a big help, gets the dead hair off and promotes good circulation, plus it feels good!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I use sardines and Ive also been giving her liver, heart, gizzards, ect at night with bananas, apples and potatoes raw of course and she seems to have blossomed lol

By the way Annette.................Cailou is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! lol Hes such a handsome shiny man!!! :lol: Roxys is LOVE :oops:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
OMG I know the little tramp!!  :oops:  Now I know I taught her better then that LMAO

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You guys are hilarious!!!!!  I use, on top of olive oil and sardines (GAG!!!), is egg.  Scrambled or raw, it's great for their coat!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Aww I love that pic baddogs!! They look like angels to me lmao :lol:  

Liz Im telling you..everybody is like ewwww liver thats disgusting lol....NOTHING smells as bad as fish!! YACK! :!:  I gag everytime I open a can of sardines!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hey when you guys give eggs to you give the shell and all or just the inside?!?! Ive heard both :?:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I give Maddie a raw egg with the shell. She loves to work and crack it open. Pretty amusing to watch too!  :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I couldnt imagine what that gas would smell like when they go "TOOT"  :sick:

Looks like I am finding something else new, I think im going to have to try sardines or something to see how it works for the boys.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Thanks Tootsie! Ill have to try that!

Bubba their butts smell aweful raguardless Id hate to smell a sardine fart to!!!!!! I have yet to smell one :pray: If I do they might just have to rush me to the ER for inhaling toxins :rofl:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Oh yeah DONT let them lick your face when there done!!! Roxy always tries to sneak one on me when Im not paying attention then BAM fish face 8O

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
We use Nutricoat in the food.  Just a teaspoon at each meal.
If you do the sardines, make sure they don't have salt in them.
Z

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I also use a very rich conditioner on Lilly.  When I bathe her I slather it on, leave it a minute, then rinse it off, or I'll slaether it on and leave it to soak in without rinsing it out (only when she has spent a lot of time at the beach).

Works well in conjustion with the sardines, olive oil and the like.

Liz and Lilly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts