Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a coat that actually fits properly? I'm having the hardest time finding something that fits over Lexi's big chest. She's pretty small for a boxer so it seems like it's that much harder. Anything that fits around her chest is way to long. I did hear that Canada Pooch makes + sizes but I haven't found any around here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much! I'm going to check those out now. I think I'll go with the warmest one I can find. Poor girl is just all skin on her chest and belly but she love to run and play with her "sister" who is a husky mix!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Sorry I'm hijacking this post, Im glad you made a thread about this, Duke needs a jacket as well, I seen that chilly dogs has one for around their ears "head muffs" I like them all! My credit card may hurt after.lol But I'm curious what about booties? Do you put them just on for going on walks? I know the salt they use here isn't pet safe for their paws, so I'd think these would help with the that too?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I got an Apache River coat at a pet store in Wisconsin.

ANIMALSTARS.COM - Apache River Polar Fleece Sport dog clothing, best jackets and coats.

I'm not sure where you'd buy one, but it fits my 60-pound female like a glove! It is really well made, and stretches so you can adjust it tight. My dogs are out in deep snow, and this one covers the neck, and most of the chest. I think I got the 22 size on sale for about $40.00. The other coat I got is a Kurgo.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
I did not find coats to be that much of a problem to fit for my girl?? Boots, on the other hand, can be really hard! Boxers have "tiny feet" so really if you have to get them on line you will have to measure for a proper fit.

Struddel had several coats deep chest tiny waist and they all fit her just fine. :)

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
We are looking for a coat for Kai also. Its not terribly cold here in the south but its damp. We already have found that he really doesn't like outdoors much when it is chilly, he wants right back inside. LOL. Kai has boots. My daughter bought them a few months back, the trash /recycle guys were leaving broken glass behind and of course no one cleans up so she got him some boots so he wouldn't get little slivers in his paws. LOL I really don't think he needed them but...He wears them fine, when you first put them on him he walks in a prancing lifting up each foot as he goes but after about 5 minutes he wouldn't know he even has them on. She says now she can move anywhere when she is ready as he is prepared.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
I do find that the fleece coats fit much better because they have some "give" to them. If you're ordering a proper winter coat, there isn't as much stretch to the fabric. Those are a bit trickier to fit.

Voyagers K-9 Apparel also has some nice gear tailored to Boxers: Boxer dog coat and dog clothing
Oh I luv those hoods! :clap2:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
What size is her Climate Changer coat?
Her climate changer coat is a size medium. Here's some photos of her wearing it.

She has the ruffwear griptrex boots in a size small. They do get ice/snow buildup around the top of them, the polartrex boots are supposed to prevent that from happening but they weren't available when I bought the boots. I've had both the coat and boots for about 4 years and they are in almost perfect condition. In the winter she wears the coat daily, she doesn't wear the boots as often as her need for the boots depends on how cold it is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My update on the coat! I ended up going to a local pet store here in Ottawa who happens to sell chilly dog! We brought Lexi in to try them on and they are perfect! Pricey, but it fits her so well and she doesn't seem to mind it at all!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I spent money on 2 other brands before we got Chilly Dogs jackets for my two. They are warm and durable. My toe girls ripped the other ones after wearing them for a week. They are $$$ but worth it. I like that they are adjustable too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just got Roxy one of these stretch fleece things. https://www.goldpawseries.com/
It is not exactly a coat but i really like it because it fits like a glove so she can sleep in it and it keeps her warm in the mornings when its between 35-45 degrees. It can be used as a base layer as well
They make other styles too. She is 50 lbs and i got her a size 18. She could probably fit in a 18 or a 20

·
Registered
393 Posts
Today I received 2 jackets from Amazon, a Ruffwear Cloud Chaser and a Quinzee. On our really cold Canadian winter days she will wear both. These are gorgeous coats. I hope they are durable.

My girl is a big one at 65# so I followed the sizing guide and bought a Large Cloud Chaser and Medium Quinzee. They both seem to fit well but the true test will be when we actually get to wear them. I hate to say I'm hoping for colder weather!! lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts