Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing Coco

Coco is our first boxer and is now 9 weeks old.  We love her to bits but she is definately more challenging than any pet or child I've had.  My son bought her for me for my 50th birthday and as a "way to go mom" gift after my surgery and finding out my tumor was benign.   He thought our life was much to quiet and needed "something exciting", boy,  did we get something!!   :lol:    I've been looking through the forum and am so glad to read that we aren't the only ones wanting to rip our hair out.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Your Coco is so adorable! Yes they are crazy but its so worth it when you come home from work and all you get is wiggles and kisses! Sadie is 10 weeks now and my hubby and I have never raised children or dogs so we weren't accustomed to just how nuts it can be to have a puppy in our home, but we wouldn't trade it for the world!

Good luck!  You will learn a lot from these boards and there are many experienced boxer owners that are extremely helpful!  :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What a doll baby!!!! Welcome to the Forum and look forward to hearing about Coco and seeing her pictures.

·
Registered
291 Posts
glad to hear that you were ab le to pull through everything! I am sure it was a difficult experience, i am glad you have a friend to be there by your side like coco, now you have all of us as well-WELCOME!!

~STEPHANIE~

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, Cocoa is a little cutie.  Can't wait to see more pictures.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hi there and Welcome to you and Cocoa..What an awesome gift from your son.  She is adorable!  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..Give your son a big hug for choosing such an adorable little girl...Oh definitely Boxer pups will make you laugh, make you cry and think you are losing your sanity at times, but I wouldn't trade one minute of it...Nothing like having a couple wiggle buts greet you when you come home, or to snuggle to :) ....Sounds like you have been browsing the puppy section, there is a lot of good information in there and also check out the training & behavior sections as well... More pics of the lovely CoCo please!!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Welcome to you and your baby and I hope you have a great time here.  There seems to be nothing like being owned by a boxer

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to you and Coco!!  :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello and welcome from MA. Coco is GORGEOUS, a reverse brindle it looks like or really dark. Logan will be 10wks tomorrow and I understand what you are going through. I've brought exercise into the mix in the last week and that is helping with his hyper/nipping spirts. Hopefully this is something that you can try if you haven't already. Glad to hear your health turned out to be ok, and best of luck/wishes to you.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
coco is precious!! how awesome of your son to do that. They are the best dogs, it is just surviving the young years that is hairraising to say the least!! Please jump in at anytime with any questions :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for your comments.   I was thinking of renaming her "spiderman" or "houdini",   *sigh*   it's going to be interesting to see how she does tomorrow when I go back to work.

I look forward to much needed advice from everyone.

Love the pics of all your boxers

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hi, there...and welcome to you AND COCO....we have two boxer boys ourselves...and my hubby and I both say they are SO worth everything... we can't have babies together...these are our babies and we are LOVING them...we had a Rat terrier earlier on and let me tell you, TWO boxer pups don't do the damage that one unhappy Rat Terrorist(oops Terrier) can do!  However, having said that, make sure you crate her when she is going to be alone! No puppy can handle that safely...and boxers are people oriented dogs...she will show some frustration and there will be some adjustment time...but, it will be SO worth it all, believe me!

Congrats and welcome again!
:signheya:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts