Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had to go away for a few days and Oggie went to daycare for 3 days straight (he didn't stay over, was dropped off/picked up).  I came back and he had some pretty bad eye issues.  The vet examined him yesterday and said it was conjunctivitis, said it could have been caused by any number of ways.  He gave me Vetropolycin to give to him.   Any tips on how to administer this stuff?  It comes in a tube with a metal tip, I am uncomfortable jabbing that into his eye.  The vet told me I can dab some on a finger and rub it on his eyeball.  Easier said than done!  He just closes his eyes when he sees me coming.  I usually miss.  If it gets on his eyelids, will it work it's way into the eye?  It does seem to be helping a little so far.

I'm also wondering if I should stay away from that daycare.  This place checks medical records for all dogs and everything so I don't know if it's just one of those things that happens all the time.   But I don't really need the extra vet bills on top of daycare!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great tips, thanks for the help everyone.  Sharon I will try that "sneak attack" method from behind.  It's only been about 24 hours and his eyes already look a lot better so it must be working.  Yesterday one was bright red and today its almost back to normal.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok seems that the conjunctivitis is coming back.  He's got yellow goop coming out of his eyes.  I'm giving the medicene again and already seems to be better. He hasn't seen any other dogs or anything since he got it. Is it possible it's on his blankets and bedding and stuff?  I'm going through the house and washing EVERYTHING.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.