Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
well i have another question. and yes it pertains to the subject.
whenever i take ranger for a walk, he always smells around like mad. which is fine, i mean he's a dog and he likes to smell. ok cool. but when we come inside, or after 10 mins of walking where he smells almost non stop, he has little white foamy areas around his nostrils and it looks like he was just sniffing cocaine. i mean it's kinda funny to look at, but i dont know if it's any real problem. thanks.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Buster used to get that. After being outside a while or playing he would look like a rabid dog. He would be all foamy by his chops and nose. Seriously, if you would look at him like that you would think he had rabies! It was pretty weird. I think it is just an excessive saliva thing. If Ranger is smelling, his head is down so it would make sense that it would come out of his nose. Nothing that a quick wipe won't solve!  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol...Mine have all done that..Buck was especially bad about that....One or 2 times it truly looked like he was rabid...I don't believe it's anything to be concerned about really..Like Tootsie said, if he's smelling a lot, it makes sense actually..Just looks bad to us, huh?  :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
its normal, well atleast mine does it!!!    whenever we walk her by the time we get home people avoid her coz she looks so nasty!!!  lol   i think its cute, and its all gone once she has a big drink when she gets home!  no problems at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts