Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some experimenting, along with certain foods, we believe Gino is allergic to nylon collars.
Does anyone know where I can buy some NON nylon collars.  

I know of Shaka Collars, does anyone have any other stores or websites?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
There might be different types of collars on dog.com or drsfostersmith.com

Good luck!  Hope Gino is feeling better soon!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I don't know of any sites of where you can find non-nylon collars but perhaps checking with a local pet supply store...not a chain store and see if they have any options from their suppliers to order something in from you. I'm sure they must be available. Or perhaps taking some materials to a seamstress or tailor shop and getting one made. I know a few people have made them on here before.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
When Chloe started losing hair around her neck we switched her collar to one made of hemp.  All the hair started growing back within a month. Hemp collars

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would try a leather collar from a farm supply or a pet store. We have a Shaka collar for Donner and it has a cloth type material sewed on the inside so the nylon doesn't come into contact with the dog. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wondered the same thing when Logan starting loosing hair on his ears, but he was wearing a leather collar with an occasional nylon PATRIOTS one on game day!

Good luck and my only advise with the leather is because it is a natural material they tend to want to eat it, we take off all collars in the house and Logan jumped up and grab his one day to try have a tasty snack.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ashley has a Lupine collar ( given to her by her buddy the Vet..he's really sweet on Boxers!)
Funny thing was she HAD a nylon collar, and walking her was a chore, because she would sit down every few feet..and scratch like crazy at it..I thought it was because she is not collared in the house ( due to rough play with the cats, and my fear of her becoming entagled when she chases them UNDER things). But I put the Lupine collar on her..she has never scratched again. Good thing too is they are gaurenteed for life..if anything breaks or wears out..you mail it back..they send you a new one for free. I checked pricing on them..and a 14-22" adjustible was only like 10 dollars here..and they snap on..God I hated trying to buckle the collar on a less than 4 month old wiggle worm!! ( She knows collartime means she's going somewhere..and gets kinda excited! )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts