Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy will be 11 weeks old when i bring him home. I'm confused about what king of collar to get for him as a puppy. Alot of people say good things about a Martingale collar but do you need one of those for a puppy? Or can you use just a regular plain old nylon collar because he will grow out of them so quick?

Please any advice would be appreciated because i need to go and pick one up this week.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would just stick with a plain buckle or snap collar at first, and then when you take him to puppy training class you may want to change to the martingale or what the trainer recommends.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ditto what Barb said, they grow so darn fast as it is and if you keep buying new expensive collars, it can get expensive..Altho the old ones, you can donate to your local animal shelter  :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"45191 said:
.Altho the old ones, you can donate to your local animal shelter  :)
Great idea Willow! I always donate food, but guess I wasn't thinking about collars. I have some minis from when Sadie was tiny I can bring them.

We have flat collars, harness, and martingale for Sadie. Harness was good when she was really tiny and hated being on the lead and would pull a lot. Now we've been lead training her with a collar and she doesn't pull that much anymore, as for martingale or flat...either work for us. We alternate. (She'll be 16weeks on the 5th)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts