Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between a brindle and a reverse brindle?  I think I know but not quit sure.  Is the reverse darker?  I'm thinking I want my next baby to be a brindle with a black mask.  But right now I'd just like to know the difference in the two.

·
Registered
180 Posts
On a brindle you see the fawn or darker redish color with black stripes. On a reverse brindle the black stripes are closer together which make it look like the stripes are of a fawn color.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
ha-ha! i know this one now :) i had the same issue a while back because what I was told was a reverse wasnt the case. A reverse brindle is a brindle that is so dark that you either A) cannot see any fawn stripes on the coat to make the appearance black or B) a coat that very little tiny amounts of fawn show through. Essientially it looks as if the boxer is black, but that isnt the case since boxers do not carry a black gene. The black appearance is strictly from such a heavy brindling that it overtakes the fawn coloring in the dogs coat. hope this helps :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
My first boxer Buck, was pretty dark, much more so than Angel. Angel is a true Brindle, much lighter....Here's a pic of Buck so you can see....Also Annette's gorgous boy Voltaire, I would consider a reverse...And they do lighten some as they get older, Bucks' baby pics, he looks soo much darker......

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!  I thought that was it but sometimes it's hard for me to tell the difference.  Sometimes what I think is a brindle others say is reverse.  And Willow, Buck was gorgeous!  Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Thanks, that was my baby, my heart and soul and I miss him every day

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
WOW Willow, Buck was truely amazing looking.majestic...

i didnt know the reverse thing either i knew they appeared darker..

maybe i just didnt think about it and if i had maybe i would have understood :whistle: ...thinking things through isnt always my strong point  :crazy:

thank you for the clearfication..now the blonde learned something today :clap:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
BUCK IS SO HANDSOME!

This is a reverse brindle... right? I found this pic before we got Odin and said THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!!!

Odin's not quite that color but personality is somethin' too! lol

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I think maverick is reverse brindle. Sadie too i think but i could be wrong. i hope maverick grows up to look like buck!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wow Buck is gorgeous.  I'm going to wait a couple years before getting another boxer but I have my heart set on a brindle, preferably kinda dark, that looks like buck/voltaire/odin.   So beautiful.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"35602 said:
Thanks, that was my baby, my heart and soul and I miss him every day
So, it's OK that I still miss my Rocky every day?  Cause as hard as I try not to, I still do! :(

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Zhanna";p="35672 said:
[quote="samsonsmom\";p=\"35602":11e8m52k]Thanks, that was my baby, my heart and soul and I miss him every day
[/quote:11e8m52k]

So, it's OK that I still miss my Rocky every day?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I love all the brindles, each time I see one I think that is waht I want next.  Its been 8 years since I lost Rascal but I think of him all the time, and sometimes will call Kiah Rascal by mistake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts