·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Baz is really competing for attention here lately.  Any time my fianc

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't have any good advice for you but I know that all four of ours have been that way to some extent.  Our Calli was the worst, if me and my husband hugged or got too close she would shove her way in between us and usually bark.  It did get better over time.  We try to give them extra attention and wear them out so they sleep when we are ready to relax for the day.  It also helped TONS when we got a second boxer, Calli was better because she had someone to take her attention away from us BUT it did create a new problem of Calli and Berk being jealous of each other whenever you pet one the other one would shove them out of the way so they can get pet! :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Angel does that when Marq & I hug or something, she jumps up, starts pawing at him, growling, barking, you name it...We ignore her..She gets her feelings hurt for a bit, but nothing long term....Angel just seems to get very jealous when Marq pays attention to me, now he can get down and roll with Samson and she is fine..So yea, you could say she considers Marq "hers"...Keep doing what you are doing, by giving in or stopping, it shows Baz that if he acts up, he wins.....

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking, I make sure that I am the one telling him to get down or back.  Shane's the "alpha male" in the household so Baz really just wants to make sure he's pleasing him at all times.  I'm glad it doesn't go so far as barking, but he'll wiggle his way in between us and talk! It's really funny but I figure it's not something to encourage.  I just don't want him to think he's next in line before me.  You know what I mean? Like he's in charge of me and not the other way around.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Are you involved in his training sessions, or in charge of feeding him or taking him outside?  If not, I would make sure you take a larger role in his life- you will become the provider of all those things.  Oh, and I would ignore him when he tries to push himself between you.  If you can't ignore it, than you and your fiance should get up and move to another couch or another room, keep doing it until he gives up.  It may take a while!
Good luck!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm involved in all of that, in fact I'm gernerally the only one takes him out and feed him and work with him on training! It's so crazy!  I'm a huge part in his life, I just don't know what's going on! Thanks for all the help everyone!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Keep at it, I am also the primary caregiver as well, it's a gender thing, Samson is totally bonded to me, altho he adores Marq..Angel is weird, she is definitely a Daddy's girl, but she mopes like crazy when I leave, paces, stares out the window, you name it...Wherever I am in the house, that's where you will find both of them...She just considers MARQ her property  :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts