Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the almost four years we've had Milo I don't think he's EVER messed in his kennel, I thought he would explode before he messed himself. Well today I came into a house smelling of poo and it was all in Milo's kennel. It looks like he puked, pee'd and poo'd. The poo was soft but firm, but had a goo in it (kind of like a loogie), I think his puke was kind of like that as well...it (the puke) was all twised up in the towel that was in his kennel. As soon as I let him outside he puked again, this time it was kind of fomy and white. Would I be over reacting if I took him to the vet or am I under racting by not taking him? I gave him an antibiotic pill that the doctor had given him the other week when we went in and he hasn't puked or done anything since I've been home (one hour).

edit: other than all that and an unusual amount of 'attention' whining, he's been fairly normal.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Vomit and Runs are the way of getting rid of a toxin that is just not agreeing with their tummies.   I would monitor him, make sure he is drinking plenty of water (vomit & runs can dehydrate).  I would maybe feed a bland diet of boiled chix and rice or fast for a day until he gets whatever is bothering him out of his system.

It happened to Hanna last year.  She had gotten into the trash and ate a scrape of spicy chix.  Well low and behold it came out of both ends, and was not pleasant.   I thought she was going to die and ran to the vet.  She was lathargic, they gave her an antibiotic and fliuds under her skin.   One day, back to normal.

So good luck, and hopefully it was something he ate, but keep a close eye on him.  If he is lathargic or gums become pale, then I'd get him checked out asap.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a scale of 1-10 he's about a 4 lathargic, a couple of weeks ago when we took him to the e-vet, he was a 9 lathargic. So far his gums look okay.

edit: He just puked again. It was VERY thick mucus like.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Sounds like he ate something that is not agreeing with him. I would first think about anything he has had to eat and see if you know of anything different?  Especially bones, rawhide, been outside eating sticks, rocks or grass?  The reason I mention this first is that sometimes if they have any kind of blockage it will come from both ends too. I of course do not want to scare you to death, but I try to think of the worst thing first!  Feel his stomach and see if it feels especially hard, tendor or sore.  If you have a way to take his temp I would do that, or maybe go buy a themo to take it.  (recal temp should be 100 to 102) if at 103 you have a problem, if over 104-105 you have a major problem.

Other then that if it is (upset stomach) make sure he drinks but not great amounts at a time (can cause vomiting) half water half ice cubes work good.  Gatoraid works good, check his gums, try some chicken and rice.....If it continues I would go in or at least take a stool sample in and have them check for parasites or bacteria.

Hope he feels better soon!!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How's Milo doing this morning? Hoping he's feeling better

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hope Milo is feeling better and gets better quick!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He seems to be okay this morning. I fed him a little bit last night and then a little more this morning and he hasn't puked anymore.

He didn't seem bothered when I was feeling his stomach and i couldn't tell if it was hard or if it was just muscle. I'm home today b/c I have a bad cold/allergies and I've been watching him fairly close to make she he's okay and not puking. He has a bowl of water in his kennel and they also have the toilet to drink out of whever they want to.

Thank you all for your concern as well, I appriciate it. THANK YOU very much to Sharon for your imput.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts