Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a one year old male boxer he is beautiful, but latley I have  become very concerned about him. He began to lose weight I can see his spine, hip, and rib bones, also his testicles have become swollen and have scabs and sores. He has also been throwing up a great deal lately. Today I found this cyst looking spot on the underneth of his tail. For the majority of the time he happy and entergentic. I would appreciate any advice from anyone. My vets office keeps telling me to just change his food to science diet and says that he doesn't need to be seen. He hates science diet and refuses to eat it. He does eat his regular food well though!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Science Diet is crap, do not feed it to your dog.  The reason the dog won't eat it is he knows it's crap!

You vet sounds like kind of a jerk. :x   Go somewhere else, PLEASE!  I have no idea what could be wrong with your pup.  Maybe he got into some bugs or something. :(   Alls I know is, your vet sounds pretty sucky.  There's no excuse for a vet to act like that.  You gotta go somewhere else.

Zhanna

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
He's very handsome from the picture.

Please get to a different vet as Zhana says.  Have them do a complete blood panel on him to see if that shows anything wrong. Also have them test his thyroid. I would get him thoroughly checked out by someone good.  Get some recommendations from friends and find one that is good and preferably has more than one vet working there.  That way they can discuss things amongst themselves and have more than one opinion.

Good luck finding out whats wrong.

I cook for my dogs, so can't recommend a dry food, but I know Science Diet wouldn't be it!  

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Any vet that promotes a certain food is getting a kickback from that company...A lot of vets do sadly....I would definitely get another vet, he sounds like an idiot to me. I have always found that recomandations from friends that have pets is helpful, also ask at your pet store..If you know anyone else that has boxers, see where they take theirs too...

Science is not a good food, Canidae, Blue Buffalo are both excellent foods, you might try those, but first get that cutie in to see a good vet....Please keep us posted and welcome to the forum....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I echo the suggestion of having a full bloodwork panel run. Check for white blood cell count and Thyroid. Look for anything that might be amiss.

He may have a food allergy. There could many things wrong. But blood workup would be the first place to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts