Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.  I'm a little concerned about Lola's ear.  Her ears were filthy, so when we took her to the vet on Saturday I asked if they would clean them and the tech said, "I'll show you how then you do it, then you do it when you get home."  Then when the vet came in she said to clean them and keep an eye on them because they may be infected.  So we cleaned them as best as we could yesterday, put a few drops of cleaning solution in and rubbed her ears, then put a dry cotton ball in and rubbed that around to soak up the solution and get the dirt out and then let her shake out the excess, but they were still  pretty dirty deep down the canal.  Now her right ear looks swollen and it's sticking up unlike her left ear.  Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with ear infections and if I should panic and call the vet.  Could her right ear just be growing faster?  I'm very worried and concered.  And she's just been laying around sleeping all morning.  She did eat though so I don't know if she's not feeling well or just tired.  Thanks!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so, I never thought of smelling it.  She's with my mom right now because both my boyfriend and I are at work.  I'm going to get her at noon and bring her back to work with me so I'll check it then.  Thanks for the tip!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts