Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!  Here's a little background story before I ask my question:  My boyfriend bought our boxer puppy Lola from a woman in Oklahoma (we live in MA) he found the puppy on puppyfind.com, and Lola arrived to us by plane.  Now, I'm not sure if she's a breeder or not.  She has both the male and female, so maybe.  Anyways, after he bought Lola there was one puppy left, a male.  I often went on puppyfind to see if anyone had bought the male yet because I felt bad and was trying to convince my boyfriend to buy him also!  Didn't work  :(   So, he spoke with the woman the other day...because we still have no papers on Lola (a whole other story) and the woman told him that she decided to keep the male and that she is going to breed him with a flashy, black female that she purchased.  She said that she was told by a breeder that if you breed a black with a white you will get some real flashy black puppies.   Now my question - shouldn't you not breed white boxers?  The male is white as snow just like Lola!  I just got a little concered when he told me this, I wouldn't want her breeding sick puppies.  Should I be concered about Lola now?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
You shouldnt breed whites your right.You can use a flasy brindle x sealed brindle to get flashy sealed brindles..sometimes you can use dark brindles to produce sealed brindles

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The ABC Code of Ethics prohibits breeding white Boxers, yes, and there is no such thing as a black Boxer, so someone is getting swindled.  (Probably more than one someone, both the breeder and the people who buy her puppies.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts