Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay..sorry guys but hubby insists I ask this. He actually got upset that I posted pics of her before asking this. Today we noticed a big piece of scab/ thread hanging off her incision so we cut it off because we were worried she would rip the whole scab off if we left the dangling piece.  Now she has this hole in the middle of the incision almost looks like she has an open gash and inside the hole you can see a thin black line which I think might be stitches so I'm assuming they double stitched it? We put a small bit of neosporin on it last night because it was so dry and cracking looking. I dunno if that made the scab fall off too soon or not? It's not bleeding it just looks nasty!   Is this the normal healing process???

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sharon, I just called her vet and I have to bring her in at 8:40..I swear it's one thing after another.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Shari, let us know what the vet says..That does look a bit nasty...Hugs to you both..It has been a bit like a melodrama lately, hasn't it? Poor Chloe...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Let us know how Chloe makes out at the vet!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back...Her one vet wasn't in today but one that is very familiar with Chloe's issues took a look at it.  She said it wasn't healing as she had hoped for. They cut off all the remaining scabby stitches it took almost 20 minutes of pulling and cutting! and good lord that made me weak in the knees.. I guess the one knot that should of healed underneath didn't but it's not infected and she isn't having any reactions. She also mentioned to get some vitamin E oil and start putting it on but it looks so open now I'm scared the oil will clog it.  Here's what it looks like now..Crappy cell phone camera pic tho.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Well I have to day, Shari, it looks a lot better now after your vet visit than it did in your first pic.  The wound just looke much healthier and "happier", if that makes any sense at all.  Hopefully that's the end of all the hassle now.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Just to make you feel a little better about Chloe...When Buster had a lump removed from his front leg he ripped all the staples out. He had a huge hole in his leg, about the size of a silver dollar. :eh: Talk about gross! Well I took him back to the vet and they did NOT restaple him. I kept thinking how in the world is this hole ever going to close? Well, it did all on it's own, through all of his constant licking and everthing. It was amazing. I guess dog's and humans bodies are really capable of healing itself. Chloe will be fine in no time!  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I agree with Eimear, it really does look a lot better now Shari..The vitamin E will just help in the healing process, it shouldn't hurt the incision..Sending some extra healing vibes to Miss Chloe and hugs for you...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I think it looks better much better also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts