Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering Tanoak Breeders for another boxer to add to my family having owned boxers for over 25 years. I currently have 1 8yr old boxer and am looking to get another one. We have always owned 2, but my precioius Teagan went to rainbow bridge a year ago.

I am overwelmed by all the conflicting positive and negative comments on this forum. I don't know what to believe. The problems is that I'm in Northwestern Ontario and cannot visit the breeder. Im trying to go by reviews and comments, but they are all over the map? Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
7,011 Posts
My first question always is what are you looking for in a breeder and why are you looking at a particular breeder? What makes them worthy of your interest?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'd send an email letting the breeder know that you've come across their website and that you're interested in starting the search for a puppy.

That's what I did, and it started a small discussion with myself and the breeder I chose. Most websites can tell you about the health testing and titles a dog in a breeding program has, but only speaking with a breeder can tell you how well you'll get along with them!

Best of luck!

·
Registered
907 Posts
If you're feeling something is off, I'd just go with a breeder you feel comfortable with. It does seem like a decent amount of people have had problems, which I would worry about. I don't see anything about health testing on her website and it seems like she has a lot of dogs. It's not something I personally like. Her whole website seems very marketing oriented if you know what I mean which I don't like really either. I think there's much better breeders you can find.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts