Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh that is so sad. I'm sad and angry at the same time. I hope that man pays dearly.....

Run free now Zeus.  :cry:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Thats sick.. He should spend the maximum time in jail!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I don't think the punishments are enough....hope he does get sent to jail. But i'd also like to add that nobody should be letting their dog roam free however friendly the dog is. People are often afraid anyway-so it's unfair on them. If i see a wandering rotti or pittbull i'm pretty scared whether i should be or not. And there's also the problem with unwanted litters if dogs are left to their own devices.
p.s. I'm still saying this cop was wrong and a complete nutter.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How awful and this isn't the first time that he has shot a dog? Like Caillou, I don't feel that your dogs should be allowed to roam, but to shoot without provocation? And his dad had also shot a dog? There's a pattern here ....Run free Zeus, you will be missed.....Very sad

·
Registered
140 Posts
That is so wrong.  I can't believe someone would dislike dogs that much that they would feel the need to shot one.  My dad dislikes dogs because he was bit numerous times as a child, but he is good enough to play with Blue when he's at the house.  I just don't understand people, this guy is complete messed up in the head, and needs some serious help
:?

·
Registered
478 Posts
That is totally wrong I cant believe someone would do that. I hope he really pays for this. Dog are just like people they have feelsing and everything else. This is so wrong makes me to angry. He better apy good for this... :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
He should be taken out back and worked over with a bat. How could anyone be so mean. This is not the first cop I read about killing neighborhood dogs. We had one in Dallas like that. They should loose their jobs and be sent to prison up on cruelty charges and have to pay restitution to the families

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They said on the news last night that he shot Zeus right in front of the lady who owned him and her little child. One of the neighbors said now the child goes to sleep every night crying because Zeus isn't there to sleep with them.  :cry:  Zeus was still alive after he shot him, but his injury was so bad they had to euthanize him.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
OMG! It was bad enuf as it was, but the owner and her child witnessed it? That poor boy, what an awful thing for him to see.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
OMG! that is sooo sad. I cant believe what kind of people we have in todays world.  I agree that the dog should have been leashed or kept within the yard, but to shoot the poor thing?? i think the worst part about it is this guy has a HISTORY, this isnt a first time thing. What is even worse than that is his father has done the same thing!! so sad- my heart goes out to that family, especially the child.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="ChloeBellesMommy\";p=\"12550":1xnzsd0n]They said on the news last night that he shot Zeus right in front of the lady who owned him and her little child. One of the neighbors said now the child goes to sleep every night crying because Zeus isn't there to sleep with them.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live about 10 mins from Albany in a little tiny village called Nassau. (blink your eyes and you are thru it, type of town) lol.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I see... I thought you meant nassau county on Long Island!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
JessiesMom\";p=\"12568 said:
I see... I thought you meant nassau county on Long Island!
That's what I thought!! I grew up in Suffolk county so when I saw Nassau I immediately thought the county.. Ooops!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The way he shot Zeus right in front of the owner and her child makes this even more sad. :(  That poor child and that woman, I can't even imagine what I would have done to that creep!  :evil:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
That's so sad and uncalled for.  Now a little boy has lost his best friend for no reason.  Sometimes dogs get loose...it happens, we've had dogs wander into our yard and the last thing I think of is hurting them!  Some people are just sick.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tootsie\";p=\"12574 said:
[quote="JessiesMom\";p=\"12568":2un1twuw]I see... I thought you meant nassau county on Long Island!
That's what I thought!! I grew up in Suffolk county so when I saw Nassau I immediately thought the county.. Ooops![/quote:2un1twuw]

LOL..I hear that a lot.  That's hubbys dream to live somewhere in Nassau county..closer to the New York Jets training camp.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Well, it's apparent there is a history here and he thinks what he did is ok :twisted:   I agree someone should take him out back and straighten him out.  What a horrible excuse of a human!

·
Registered
905 Posts
There was a similar case in Ireland a few years back.  A farmer shot dead a dog while his owner was out walking him with her two children.  Just walked up to them in the middle of the village and shot the dog.  Needless to say, the woman and the children were hysterical.  Some passersby held the farmer until the police arrived, and his excuse was that the dog had been harrying his sheep.  The owners said that was absolutely impossible as the dog is not allowed to roam and he had never escaped, and that he must have mistaken it for another dog.  Apparently the farmer never showed any remorse whatsoever.

I can't remember if it ever went to court, but if it did he probably got away with a fine of about

1 - 20 of 23 Posts