Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago we noticed a crusty round mass the size of a quarter on his inner rear right hind leg, on the inside of his ankle bone. We are concerned and are not sure exactly what it could be. We do have a Vet appointment Monday night for his second set of shots. He is 12 weeks old. It does not hurt him when we touch or squeeze the area. We are worried and are looking for any feedback of the possibilities. Below I included 2 pics of his bump. Thanks.....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Not sure what that is, but hope it is nothing serious.  Let us know what the vet  says.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
It looks like a hystiocytoma(sp?) Roxy had one when she was about a year old on the outer part of her hind leg! Boxers are prone too them and they are NOT cancerous! I would just have a vet look at it though too be safe! But sure looks like a dang hystio to me! They go away by themselves and it usually takes a few weeks! Good luck at the vets and keep us updated

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have never seen anything like that, but glad you are going to the vet and hope it isn't anything serious.  Please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK well copper got back from the Vet and they said the bump on his leg was a hystiocytoma and that it should go away. And if it is not gone by February they will surgically remove. So he is as healthy as can be. He weighed 15 1/2 lbs. at his 8 week appointment and now weighs 30lbs. at his 13 week mark. The Vet thinks he is going to be a big boy. His paws are huge.

We signed him up for Puppy Kindergarten which he starts in January.

here are a few pics of him.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hystiocytoma is pretty common and generally they are not cancerous like Cindi said...Hoping it just goes away on it's own...He's really growing it sounds like, may very well be a big boy :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Happy to hear it is nothing major!  :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts