Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well came home last night to my living room couch all torn up. I left Oggie alone for a few hours.  He's always well behaved, I confine him to the living room with the tv and I've left him for 5 or 6 hours before and he's fine.  I was unable to crate train him properly because he had really bad separation anxiety when he was younger.  I trained him out of that, he can be left alone now.  But he still hates the crate.  I'm thinking of buying one of those wire pens that confine like a crate but give more room, he might take to it if I set it up in the living room when I'm gone.  Since I work from home I'm not gone often, but obviously he can't be trusted.  I do have a room in the basement that would be confining and puppy proof, but it's a little cold down there in the winter. Can anyone recommend those exercise pens for indoor confinment?  I'm worried they are too easy to break out of.  He's still small at this point though.  I also take him for daily walks, and yesterday he got an extra special long walk so I'm baffled!

thanks

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I originally stopped giving him kongs/treats because I was afraid he'd then have to go potty in the house.  But he's getting better at holding it so maybe that's a good idea.  What area of the house do you give your dogs free reign of now?  I'm just worried what happens when the kong is empty!   Honestly I don't really want to lock him up in a crate if I can help it.  I know I know, it's not cruel, it's their den, etc etc.....I'm just not a big fan.  Yes, my puppy is spoiled

1 - 2 of 2 Posts