Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boxer has had a cough and cold for a month now, she has a runny snotty nose and cough. The vet checked her out and prescribed antibiotics as he thought it could be Kennel Cough but she has finished the course now and they have made no difference at all. Can I give her vitamin C, echinacacia and goldenseal as I would one of my kids?

Any suggestions? Ps she is perfectly normal apart from the cold, eating well and racing around as usual.

·
Registered
453 Posts
honey will soothe the cough, maybe some benadryl would help dry up the sinus's ... i got some honey cough syrup.. it has several different kinds of honey in it (for infants) that helped Sam when he had kennel cough.. along with antibiotics.. could it be allergies??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Besides medication that might be prescribed by the vet, honey is a good natural remedy that soothes the throat. Also different herbs teas eg. sage leaves, blackberry leaves and thyme also work. Yet to try the herbs out though.

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
Vitamin c, echinacea yes, not sure about the goldenseal.

Honey will soothe the throat and colloidal silver twice a day should clear it right up.

We cleared Maggie's kennel cough with honey and colloidal silver in about 3 days after traditional medicine didn't help.

P.S. Not all colloidal silver is the same - Mesosilver is very highly rated - you can get it on Amazon

:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks team, I will try those ideas. Also after 5 weeks of her coughing I have booked her in for a full cardio check up, we know she has a heart murmur and another issue called trivial mitrial valve disorder but I thought it was time to flex the pet insurance scheme and get her re-checked.
Hope it turns out to be just a stubborn cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts