Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm hoping so anyway!!! After over a year of trying to find a food that Maddie likes and she does well on, I think I've finally found something that works well for her! Let's see....I've tried Blue, Nutro Ultra, Natural Balance, Solid Gold, Canidae, Avoderm, Timberwolf, Merrick, Pinnacle, and countless other sample pouches, she is eating Pro Plan Selects Natural Salmon & Brown Rice Formula. I would have never thought I would feed a Purina product!  :-??  I actually started feeding that because I took the advice of Barb and Sharon.....so a huge Thank You goes out to you two!  ^:)^  Maddie has never enjoyed her food like she does now. I think it used to be a chore for her to eat, now she actually looks like she is enjoying her kibble, and the best part is that I don't have to put anything in it for her to eat anymore!!!  :yes:
A big part of her food problem was that she would have loose stools and have itching issues on her paws, ears, and chin. I'm on the second bag of pro plan and she has firm poops and just very slight itching on her chin. I can deal with that with some Oxy pads, that is nothing major at all. Her fur is so silky smooth and shiny, and her paw pads are actually soft! I'm just relieved after over a year I have found something that she enjoys and actually works well for her. I feel like doing the "happy I found a food that works" dance!!!  :dance:  =D>   :dance:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Re: Could I have found a food for Maddie....finally? [-O&lt

Cool, hope it works out for her.

Daisy is currently on her 2nd bag of the same (Pro Plan Selects Natural Salmon & Brown Rice). Her paws are still itchy, so I guess I'm going to keep trying.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

So happy to hear that Maddie likes her food!!  
I've been mixing that with Canidea for about a month now.  Just this past weekend I bought a big bag so now all Lola will be eating is Pro Plan.  She's still scratching like mad so I'm hoping & praying this works!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

So happy it has been working for you also.  It is such a relief not to have Kiah vomiting or have runnie poo all the time.  Now if only she would grow the hair back behind her ears that she lost while on Canidae, I would be so happy.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Woo Hoo, that is awesome Lisa..Nothing more frustrating than finding the right food...Guess I have been pretty lucky actually...Hoping it continues to do the trick....

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

I am still on the seach for a food as well...Ty is on Canidae now, but now sure about it...I think I will try the Pro Plan as well.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

I use Purina Pro Plan and I love it.  Dukes coat got better, he doesn't seem as hungry...before he would eat his food and if Tabs hadn't got to her food yet he would eat hers as well.  Now he eats his food and leaves hers alone completely.  Its great. :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

So glad she is doing better!!! I know that I have had Fiona back on the SAlm/Rice for about 6 months now and all is perfect :)  She still eats just fine and has never acted bored with it, I also dont add anything to her food...All the spots that had hairloss are gone now...it took about 3 to 4 months to regrow all the hair....

·
Registered
770 Posts

Daisy is on Purina Pro Plan. The range we have here in the uk must be slightly different as to whats available to you because we have no such thing as natural selects over here! The food that Daisy has is Adult sensitive salmon and rice, so I don't know if thats the equivalent to the selects natural salmon and rice.
But anyway, it really is the best food that I have found that suits Daisy. Her poo is firm and her coat is beautiful.

Heather

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

hope the food works for maddie! i can definitely relate as i am dealing with the same issue. good luck :)

·
Registered
780 Posts

Congratulations!  I know after dealing with Teaki how frustrating it is to find a food that works for your baby!  Sounds like many boxers are doing well with the purina, I think purina has really changed their formulas and the different types they offer in the last few years.  People are so used to thinking purina is a discount brand food but with all the changes they have made their quality is much different now than it used to be!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts

I'm so glad you found what works for Maddie! I know all too well, how hard it is to find a food that works well with my baby. It's hard because every pup is different so you kind of have to keep trying until you find the right one. I'm glad the search is over for you! I'm sure Maddie is too!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts