Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gabe and Sadie are featured in March's Rescue Profile.  Adopted Mom passed away, and these two are bonded at the hip.  Described as excellent Boxers - 9, and around 6 or 7.  Both lively and active, and need to remain together.

For those of you in Illinois, I thought you might want to take a look - so very sweet!!  Their dogs are not adopted in Wisconsin very often, and I think they can be fussy about placement.  I guess I'd be fussy too if I'd been doing rescue for so many years, and seen it all.

Ann WI

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
How sad, I hope they find a home.  My sister works with a women who adopted from Boxer Rebound before GABR started in WI and has nothing but good to say about them.  Still keep in touch with them, her baby passed away last year and when ready will adopt again.

·
Registered
880 Posts
It's so hard to find homes for older dogs, I will be hoping they find just the right spot.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow...it just always breaks my heart to read stories of boxers that have been abused...the "special cases" were at least happy endings...but, it makes you so mad to read them!  

:(

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the visual.  I think all the rescues have their seniors.  They are so wonderful and wise as they mature.  Somebody would be blessed to have these two in their home.  I wonder if they'd hog the bed.  That's a given.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
The "senior's are a lot harder to place, but since I adopted Samson at 6 yrs, and found how much I got out of that experience, if the circumstances were right, I would do it again in a heartbeat... :) I have seen some gorgous seniors on some of these rescue sites and it breaks my heart....Probably why I don't look often, too softhearted, I'd be bringing them all home

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well.  I just poured myself an ounce of Knob Creek, filled out the adoption application, and mailed it.  Then I hope to get more information on this handsome couple.  I have to have my head examined, I'm still grieving the one we lost five months ago big time.  The vacation home was built for him, with three floors of outside decks that just access the house.  I kinda picture those two out there sunning and watching the wildlife through the trees.  Then there's the kingsize bed with the fireplace going in the bedroom.  Send positive thoughts.  The fancy German bred pup I'm looking for may just have to wait.

Ann WI

G

·
0 Posts
that would be so great if you got them.  even harder than a senior would be keeping them together.  just knowing their story with the owner dying, i can't imagine how lost our 2 would be if something happened to us.  i'm disabled and my husband is retired, so we are here 24/7, or 1 stays home, or we take them with us.

i've fostered and am getting ready to foster again as soon as some house repairs are finished up.  i'd love to foster a senior.

i think the reason they are hard to find forever homes for, is the medical expenses for a senior dog.  but then again, alot of ppl want a mellow dog and a senior would be perfect.  many older couples surrender their younger boxers because their too hard to handle.  

sure hope those babies can stay together and get lots of lovins.  your house sounds perfect for them!

the nicely bred german will always be there, but these 2 are precious and i'm sure they will be so grateful to stay together.

and with a boxer lover!  who could ask for a better home ;)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Good luck Ann, what a wonderful thing to do.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Good luck Ann!  Those two are so precious!  I love the tooth showing on the brindle!  I'm so happy that we adopted an older boxer when we got Duke.  Since he's 5, we avoided all of the puppy issues, and he's so easy going.  I know that some boxers are pretty rambuncious all of their lives, but we got really lucky.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to cry now.  Just got a call that these dogs have to be placed in Illinois.  That way they don't take business away from the shelter in Wisconsin, and they can keep close track of their dogs.  The good news is that they said they have several folks who are very interested in the two.  They really wanted to come to my house, I just knew it somehow.

Ann WI

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, that's too bad Ann, I'm sorry to hear that....I guess the good thing is that there are several people that are interested in them..Hoping they do find their forever home

G

·
0 Posts
aw bummer ann!  i'm glad though that the rescue is so responsible that they are taking extra special care where they place them.  and that they can stay together!

there will be others to tug at your heart strings needing a good home when you are ready.

i would have been sad to miss out on those 2 babies too!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
At least you tried, I am sure they will find a good home.  Only placing in the state was a big concern for me, I was afraid that I wouldn't get Keegan but the rescue I went through is an all breed rescue so they are not bound by American Boxer Rescue rules.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At least when they called they did say that I would have qualified if I'd been in Illinois.  I haven't applied at any other Rescues.  I'm well aware that taking care of a dog that might have health problems can easily cost thousands of dollars a year.  That's the financial commitment you have to make, along with the rest.  I'll just picture those two being spoiled rotten in a great home.  It's wonderful so many of you out there have rescued these extraordinary dogs.  God love ya!!!

Ann WI

1 - 16 of 16 Posts