Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any decisions on here about covid,
I was just curious if we have to be just a cautious about covid 19 with our pets as we do ourselves and if so...
What is everyone doing?

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Well I have not really dug deep into but as far as I know only two Dog's have caught it and both were in China. The first dog and close to the first case?? The owner had it and the dog caught it?? That first Dog died from it. :(

Then another Dog in China caught it ..but last I heard he is doing fine?? Now where it get's weird, is at big Zoo ...somewhere?? A Big Cat a Tiger I think tested positive. Then a few week's later more of the big cat's tested positive??? Far as I know none of the Big Cat's succumbed to it and all are doing fine. :)

But dog's?? As a general they don't seem to get it?? But a very good idea, is to not allow them to lick people's faces!! Therapy Dog's don't lick "face's" anyway ... so no problem. But most "pet's" that are "people friendly will lick face's!" "IF" dog's can get Covin19, most likely that is how it happens???
And if one does allow there dog to interact with people for you know Socialization Purposes ... you can't control people!! They (Stranger's) tend to get down on there knee's and squel like a piggy and if it is truly people luv'ing dog ... "Most Boxer's." It's game on!!

Sigh times change ... my Struddell would have had a pretty tough time of me saying ... "Please Don't Touch My Dog." Rocky my WL GSD on the other hand way before Covn19, was good with "Social Distancing!" I would stop 5 feet away (always) if I saw someone that was "really" interested in engaging with him? And Rocky would go behind me and I would explain .. Sorry No, he does not much care for people. "Most," understood and would say OK and Nice Dog.

But it was actually a thing (Don't Pet My Dog) and that is what we did. But today with most people staying away from each other?? Most likely ... next year?? We may just need a new Forum on here?? IE Dog Aggression Issues! They already have one on Germanshepardforum ... that is where I hung out and trust me ... it is huge!! New issues roll in everyday!!

But we don't really have that issue here .. for the most part?? But for newbie's that have a dog that they are trying to Socialize these day's there is always this ... "Who Pet's My Puppy or Dog??"

I suppose I put the 5 foot away spin on it myself?? But that distance gave me time to intervene if I needed to although I never had need to do so.

So a little long for a simple question ... but I tend to encompass the "Big Picture as it were." :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts