Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/pet/524132902.html

Adorable male boxer with beautiful markings, brindal color with black mask, about 11 weeks old, friendly, lovable, gets along with cats/kids, and housebroken. Only had one accident in crate in past 2 weeks. Currently crate and leash training. Has had 3 training lessons with private trainer. Will bring puppy to your home and teach you what he knows. Loves attention so it needs a lot of attention. Very socialable and affectionate. Have to find a good home ASAP!

For more information or to meet him please email with name and phone number. This puppy is for sale, was bought and can't keep so we would like to get back our money. Cost us $1,450, will take a little loss but need back as much as possible. Will include for free his toys and crate (over $100).

Please this is a great dog!
This pisses me off.... The dog is 11 weeks old, which means they've had him for less then a month, and now they realize they cant keep him????????????????

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sully\";p=\"62868 said:
I'm wondering what kind of person needs to see that an 11 week old can do tricks before they adopt.
And I call BS on the dog being potty trained! lol

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
JessiesMom\";p=\"62870 said:
[quote="sully\";p=\"62868":1tisn1x5]I'm wondering what kind of person needs to see that an 11 week old can do tricks before they adopt.
And I call BS on the dog being potty trained! lol[/quote:1tisn1x5]

I am with ya on that one

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Can't believe they could give him up like that, makes you wonder what is going on.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
yea i have seen a lot of those listings and i think many times they give up on the dog being able to train or find they dont have enough time which maybe they should have thought of before getting it. I do think some of them dont want to give up their dog but lose their jobs or have some other type of problem that makes them unable to care for a dog at the time and trying to find a home is what they may really feel is best for the animal. There are those people who are just irresponsible and others that really wind up in a bind and dont know what to do.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Makes me wonder what is going on too! How in the world can they say the dog does all that when they couldn't have had him for more than four weeks! They probably got into something they weren't ready for and just want their money back!!!! [email protected]##*^t like that makes me soooooo mad! A puppy is like a child, you don't just get rid of them!

G

·
0 Posts
There are people on CL who buy pups cheap then try to sell them for more...the posting was flagged and is no longer there...it is possible that he is housebroken at that age...Jetta was...and she could sit, lay, high five and come at 8-9 weeks old...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Chance housebroke very quickly too....he also could sit, lay down and shake by the time he was 10 weeks old.....so it is possible.

·
Registered
427 Posts
As much as I hate to say this a dog may be LIKE a child however it still isnt.
Even a child can be put up for adoption at any age with no questions asked.
I always look at it like this, if they feel they cant take care of their animal who am I to tell them what to do with it?

G

·
0 Posts
I agree with your Desiree...we don't know their situation and many people are now gettig good dogs because not so good owners don't have time...I truely am thankful that Bo's old owner did the responsible thing and gave him away...great dog

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
IMO it sounds like they wanted a cute little puppy, went and...imo again...overpaid for one. realized the time and energy needed to take care  of a boxer puppy, something came up and they needed the money back...now they are stuck with a dog and no money. I highly doubt they will get that much for him. This is why people should def research the before buying. I do want to say atleast they are rehoming instead of dumping in a shelter or leaving it tied up outside, BUT if they would have researched this poor pup probably wouldnt have had to go to more than one home! People irritate me to no end....on a side note the link is now flagged for removal via craiglist

1 - 13 of 13 Posts