Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,661 Posts
is he eating or drinking before he is kenneled? are you taking him outside to go to the bathroom before he is kenneled? does he free feed/free water? also make sure he only has enough room to stand up turn and lay down..oh and NO food or water in the kennel...dont know if you do that but that would be a big issue as well

I ask because my Reese will pee/poo in the kennel if she eats and then i forget to take her out (night time or what not) every time i am about to kennel her i will take her out and stay with her until she pee AND poo's. I make sure i have enough time for her to do both. Savannah i have never had an issue with though.

· Registered
4,661 Posts
the one thing you will have to understand is that they are VERY stubborn dogs. If you take him out and he just looks at you, start walking. put him on a leash and start walking about to where he does go. he is drinking alot of water, but i agree with liz on possible seperation anxiety. alot of boxers have it. also to second liz how much time is he out of the kennel? if he is in for 8 hours during the day and around 8 hours at night then the poor guy spends 3/4 of his day kenneled. he is probably getting very bored and tired of being kenneled for such long periods of time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.