Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone!
I bought two crates for my new puppy (one for our cottage), but neither of them came with a divider. I was wondering if anyone had any creative/safe ways of making my own makeshift divider, or can you just buy a divider at the pet store? I tried looking for them but the staff said they never heard of them selling separetly. Someone mentioned to me stuffing blankets at the back of the crate, but that would be a lot of blankets, and not too sure how well it will work.

Does anyone have any creative ideas for me, or things you have done in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Kristin

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I wish there was a way I could send you mine...we don't need it anymore.  

Maybe cut a piece of wood to fit, or like a plastic lid to a tub or something.  Wish I had more ideas, sorry...

·
Registered
761 Posts
When I was younger we got a Newfie pup and my folks bought the large crate (knowing how big she'd get).  We didn't have a divider either but my mom (aren't mom's always ingenious) strapped 2 plastic milk crates together and put an old towel over them and put them in the back of the crate.  Worked well, you can probably use and large box/bin as long as you can get it in the crate and I'd be careful not to create any small space that a paw could get caught in.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
they do have websites you can buy dividers from if you know the model of crate you have..try searching online for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts