Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently I'm in the market for a new dog crate.  Jaxon is quickly outgrowing his puppy crate.  I owned a larger crate until I let a friend borrow it and amazingly it's never been returned  :evil:   Anyhow......what size crate does everyone use?  I've found a few I like with a divider so it gives him room to grow, I'm just not sure if I should go with A or B.

A is 24" x 36" x 27" the door is 17" high, for dogs up to 70 lbs.

B is 28" x 42" x 31" the door is 21" high, for dogs up to 90 lbs.

Both have dividers.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
the xl is always convenient in case you need it later on..

they can be super comfy..but i guess depends on the adult size of the dog..as you notice from Dans posting this morning my dogs arent small hahahah hes a dork

but see what others use on here..im not the best person to ask thse things i jsut kind go with what i think at the time..sometimes its right sometimes not lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol..I saw!  my biggest concern is Jaxon is not fully potty trained yet, but I guess with the divider that wouldn't matter too much?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I would go with the bigger one, Just cause they would have a bit more room to sit in. Maddy and Tink can take both move around in their crate and they share. Not very far, but i think its the biggest one i could fine. They dont seem to mind the Bigger one. But a bigger one would help with the growing, incase Jaxon does grow a bit more. Like Ky said.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I originally bought the large crate with a boxer on it. Too small. Maddie couldn't even stand up in it. I went back and exchanged it for the bigger Great Dane size and it's perfect. I would recommend you buy the B and just use the divider.   :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'd say B

Hoosier was in a a crate about 36" and when he stood up (especially with bedding), it was getting tight. We just took him out of it this week. There is a post about it in the training section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts