Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im no trainer, and maybe I just got lucky with Hondo takeing to his crate but I thought I would share how I got him to enjoy his crate.
I got him a portable crate by n2n http://www.lazypet.com/product.php?b=3&id=19 .
The top has a zipper section along with a zipper front door. We unzipped both of these and all the windows
giving a very open apperance.
We play with him through the roof with the door open so he gets used to going in by himself and he loves it.
If he is napping anywhere, I pick him up and place him in the crate with door still open so he gets used to sleeping in it.
We also throw treats in there so he explores it regularly on his own.
Now he goes in it to nap, so getting him to stay in there over night or while we are away is
just a matter of zipping the door. Its too tall for him to get out the top so we leave that unzipped
so he dont feel to closed in.
We did have trouble with him the first couple of nights but its been smooth ever since.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
That crate looks very inviting and comfy.  Hondo is a real cutie in there with that big collar on.  Can't wait to see more pictures of him when he gets the bandages off.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I've seen crates like that in a couple catalogs, but really never paid that much attention...They do look a lot more comfy tho...Hondo looks quite content in there and soo cute with his bandages..He bears a striking resemblence to my Angel as well..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts