Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For quite a few weeks now, Zoe has not had a single accident in her crate.  Starting Friday night, however, she's had quite a few accidents in the crate. I do not keep her in there for extended periods of time.  During the day she's barely ever in there unless I leave the house.  The only time she's in there for a while is at night when I'm sleeping, but even then, she was doing well with keeping it dry. Why all of a sudden is she having an accident everytime I put her in there? I never punish her for accidents, I praise her when she goes potty outside....what's going on here??

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How old is Zoe now? It's not uncommon for pups to regress a bit and it usually seems it's about the time that we figure they are totally potty trained...It seems that it generally takes til  6 months, maybe longer before you can really feel that they are really and truly housebroken...If you haven't changed anything in her routine, like feeding her late, water etc, just give it a bit of time, maybe try and take her out as late as possible before bed as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts