Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 15 week old boxer is peeing in her crate i have noticed this a few times. any tips on house training her?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
how long is she in her crate before she'll have an accident? Puppies can only hold it for so long. Make sure she goes potty before she goes in, then a bathroom break every 3-4 hours.

Also her crate may be too big. It should only be big enough for her to stand up, and turn around in. Otherwise she'll use half for resting, and half for potty. Try to block off an unused portion of the crate, so it will fit her better.

Dogs by nature do not want to use their 'den' as a bathroom, so if it's the right size she will try as hard as she can to avoid potting in it.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"9701 said:
Dogs by nature do not want to use their 'den' as a bathroom, so if it's the right size she will try as hard as she can to avoid potting in it.
I sized off the crate properly for Odin and took him out often enough... almost too often... and he'd still pee in his crate. I'm not sure what happened but i went on for weeks before it stopped. I wish I had some good advice... but what dieselsmom said is exactly what I would have said.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
she can only stand up and turn around in it. she seems to be doing this at nights....not during the day.

·
Registered
948 Posts
The easiest way I did with Toby was letting him sleep with me. Unless he had diarhea, he never woke me up to go potty! I loved sleeping with him because I love to cuddle..

Now.. 2 years later... He can't stand the way I toss and turn and sleeps in his crate.. He will sleep with me maybe 2 days a week...  :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DieselsMom\";p=\"9701 said:
how long is she in her crate before she'll have an accident? Puppies can only hold it for so long. Make sure she goes potty before she goes in, then a bathroom break every 3-4 hours.

Also her crate may be too big. It should only be big enough for her to stand up, and turn around in. Otherwise she'll use half for resting, and half for potty. Try to block off an unused portion of the crate, so it will fit her better.

your right there my 10 month oldrottie  puppy for the first whiley used to pee all the time but it was like she was  parking her fluff at the edge of the crate so the pee would be outside the crate and not inside. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts