Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i plan to crate train dungy like my family crate trained our lab, but our rottweiler never was crate trained... she slept in my bed the first night, no accidents... she  was comfy and i think thats why there wasnt an issue... part of me wants to try that w/ dungy but dont know if i should... I unlike other people like the dogs in my bed but idk if i should our not.

Can i have some opinions on what i want to do or what other people have done w/ their boxers

THANKS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Personally if you don't mind sharing your bed with a boxer, I don't see a problem with it. I have never used a crate at night. They have always either slept in the bed with me or on their own bed on the floor in my room. My hubby doesn't really like the dogs in the bed thing so they know when he is in bed they sleep on theirs. My hubby travels for a living, so he is gone Mon night thru Thursday nights. Maddie will sleep with me on the nights that he isn't home, on the nights he is home she sleeps on the floor next to me in her bed. I or they have never had a problem with it.
I do support the use of a crate during the time you are not there to supervise your dog. It is a great tool for potty training as well.  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think that crate training is a very important tool, especially with a puppy, and a lot of dogs even when they get older use their crate as a nest, mine never have tho....I like mine sleeping on the bed actually, Samson unfortunately can't get up on his own, he has to be lifted..Angel sometimes will sleep with us, but most of the times they sleep on the couches...So it's a personal decision, but I would use the crate, Like Lisa said to at least get Dungy used to it for times when you aren't there...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've never been able to follow through with crate training, since Diesel was so small, and his whining was killing me! My husband said there's NO way he'd have a big dog on the bed. So Diesel and I slept on the couch for a few nights until my husband finally gave in. He terrorizes my husband at nights though, steps all over him, and hogs his side of the bed constantly. But I have no problems. lol go figure.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Kennel training is the best. Reese and Savannah spend more time in the kennel then out (this is on their own accord) they love going in and laying down to nap and stuff.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah is crate trained and is in the crate when I am not there but she sleeps with me at night.  If you don't mind a bed hog, then it is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts