Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I am 35 weeks pregnant and I think Mazey wants to speed things up for me!! Her and Diesel (German Shepherd in my Sig) decided that while I was preparing them for their walk that they would Chase m y cat across the neighborhood!! Diesel has not yet been Leashed (was working on it) and Mazey was attached to my hand. There he goes after that cat and Mazey decided to BOLT weather I was going to let go or not. I did not have time to let go right away. She had me on my side dragging me across the lawn before I could let go. My sister was holding onto her German Shepherd and helped me up as my nieghbors ran to go resuce my Mazey who once is loose will run off. Diesel came home on his own in 2 minutes time. Mazey....had to go fetch her. NEEDLESS to say...I did not walk my Mazey, but my neighbors did that for me.

Today I was a tad sore and my back and Belly are killing me. I did take her to a local Flea Market to walk her around. My sister's Shepherd came as well. It is amazing to see the differnt opinions on the two totally different dogs. You either find someone who REALLY likes SHepherds and wants to pet the HUGE puppy or you find someone who REALLY likes Boxers and wants to pet the 3 year old Beauty. Its neat to see the different reactions. TO me though I love both breeds equally.  

You can see my babies cuddling in my signature. that was taken last night after dinner. Mazey is 60 lbs and Diesel is 81 lbs.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Mazey and Diesel are both beautiful.
Oh what a story! I was visualising every bit of it in my head! I hope you are ok!
I have been pulled off my feet by Daisy before and that kind of looked like something from a cartoon where I was being dragged along the grass by Daisy on her lead! That hurt! I still have a little scar on my hip from it.
They just don't know their own strength sometimes do they!

Heather

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh my goodness!  Should you go to the doc?  I can't imagine.  When I was that preggos, I could barely walk myself! :lol:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
OH!  Beautiful doggies, by the way! :D
We wanted to get a GSD, but it's just too hot down here! 8O
And good luck w/baby!  Is this your first?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Geez, I can't even imagine that happening. I hope you are feeling better, and I can sympathize with you being 35 weeks pregnant. I don't know where you are in the world, but I am in soutwest florida and my son was born Sept 1st, so I know that being pregnant in the heat of the summer really stinks. I hope everything is alright and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and I hope you have a quick labor and easy delivery!  :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hope you are ok.  Mazey and Diesel look like they do well together.  They are much stronger than they look and I have been knocked off my feet too when I was not expecting it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh my..Hoping you are ok and it's just a few bumps and bruises...Many times I've been dragged, clipped and tripped and have all the scars to prove it....They definitely are stronger then they look! And your 2 look fabulous!!!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Ouch!!!!!Be careful.... guess I don't need to tell you that lol.  Hope you are okay and your babies are georgous!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is my third baby. I have a 3 year old and a 16 month old at home right now. This baby is Due the first week of October.

Other then scrapes on my leg, and sore belly and back I am doing well. I was a little scared at first being that I am so far along.

I live in Central Florida. It is very HOT for both Mazey and Diesel. They have a kiddie pool and slide outside. Its so funny cause the shepherd has actually gone down the slide :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   We got Mazey when she was 3..about a month and a half ago...SOOOO the pool is odd to her, she would rather go jump in th eman made icky pond out back that we don't use. YUCK she gets so nasty!! Being a boxer though she wipes off easy unlike if Diesel did it.  

Thank you for all your thoughts and concerns about my pregnancy. Mazey is the most gentle dog EVER and yet sooooooo strong. I am always worried about what collar to put on her and such as not to hurt her neck.....and yet she pulls me BY her neck...WOW! Strong lil gal!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Glad to hear your okay! I feel for you especially being pregnant in the summer. My mother in law also lives in central Florida and said they are roasting down there. Btw, Mazey and Diesel are beautiful  :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
As long as everything is ok...

My sister got into a car accident when she was about 5 months pregnant... and it was the scariest day of her life...  She was fine, and the doctor kept telling her that her body would do whatever it had to do to protect the baby inside... after a while it began to sink in... but scary nonetheless!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I fell with my SOn and cut my head open BAD....gushing blood everywhere. I was 7 months along with him. SO With this fall I just watched for signs and I think everything is fine. He is moving good and no sharp pains.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts