Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: Don't Hate Me

Cool, everyone makes their own decisions as to what's right for their dog.  We had the ears done on our Great Dane...and he had all kinds of problems after that, so we've decided to never get them done again, but I see all kinds of dogs out there with it done with no problems at all.  I definitely see both sides of the story ... it looks tough with them cropped, and they seem to look more 'rugged' or 'out-doorsy' without.  But good luck with the procedure...even if they are in some pain, they forget about it quickly anyway.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

That's one good thing you will realize with this forum is people won't hate you.  They might give their opinion and some might come off stronger then others but really all they are doing is trying to educate not hate.

I wish you all the best with Tangos ears and sending him tons of speedy healing vibes!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I took him to vet who is about 1 hour away.  This was the third vet that we had been to and put 100 percent trust into him.  The vet told us he would be fine and got him in today.  The procedure should be over or happening now.  I will call at lunch to see how everything went.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

I was not under the impression that anyones participation in this forum was dependant on their own personal decisions matching up with everyone else! Each person has to make their own choices...if anything...I would think this forum was about giving you info and shared experience in all of the available options.

:)

My sis in laws dog Jackson simply would not be Jackson without his ears done...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

NOBODY is going to be mad at you LMAO You silly silly boy :wink:  Good luck and I hope everything goes great!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

Jackson is ADORABLE!! Such a handsome boy :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I can understand that but everyone was really happy we were going to leave his ears floppy.  I just enjoyed getting to know everyone and the wealth of information here.  I just want to keep a good relationship with everyone.

That is a great picture of Jackson.  He is a very nice looking boxer.  :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

oh Tango....no one is going to hate you!! I myself prefer the natural ears but that doesnt mean you have to leave them natural to make others happy. This is your pet and your decision. Not ours!!! Good luck and give Tango big sloppy smooches from all of us here!!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

One thing about this forum is that the people here are really cool 8)
Everyone has a different opinion on things and in the end it comes down to this (your pet/your choice). If opinion's did not differ there would be no reason for forums at all....

Send us pics when he gets home.....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Oh stop...no one is a hater here! To crop or not is a very personal decision. A decision that you are free to make. Everyone on here is just adding their experiences and preferences. If someone prefers the floppy look, well great. If someone else prefers the cropped look, well great too.  Personally I prefer the floppy ears, but I do think some boxers look very regal and majestic with cropped ears. Good luck with the crop, and we do expect some pics!  :D

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

Well that's what is so cool about this forum, you can ask for opinions and you get them.  But, you are still free to make up your own mind and do what feels right for you.  We'll be excited to see the baby's progress.  I'm going to have Sophie's ears done too.  There is only one vet in the entire state that does them here and I just made the appointment.  She is so adorable now with her little floppy ears, but as an adult, I want her to have the look I've always wanted.  Yes that's selfish on my part, but I only have one chance to make this decision and I've done so (today anyway).  Good luck.

·
Registered
221 Posts

I really like the looks of the cropped ears, but the natural is really cute. The two boxers I had in the past I had the ears done - one turned out great and the other one always had problems. So, I just opted to leave Merlin's natural - especially since he's older (9 months old - adopted).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well I just talked to the vet and Tango is in recovery.  We will be able to pick him up first thing in the morning. Can't wait to see the little guy.  :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

Keep us posted!! Jackson is adorable, isn't he? He is the sole reason I have two boxers now(for one, because they are his boys and I wanted a dog with his personality! I got two! :) ) and two, because knowing him since he was 1 year old(He's five now) I fell in love with the breed for good! :) He's such a character...still firmly believes he's a lap dog!  And why not?!?! ;)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
He certainly is a lap dog.  What a sweatheart.  Kane's the same way.  He just can't stand it if there is anyway possible to climb into my lap.  All your babies are wonderful.

P.S.  Good luck with Tango

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Tango -  Nope could not be mad, but would be if the pup was like 5 months! ha ha ha.

Anyways, hope the crop comes out well, and make sure to pay attention when they give you care instructions.   The next couple of weeks are going to be critical with aftercare:)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hey.. Don't worry about it.. Sometimes I sit here and wonder what Mia would look like with hers done... Ohh well... I think brindles look great with their ears done though! If I end up getting a brindle baby, I'd be getting it's ears done..  :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Glad he's doing great! Don't feel bad about getting them cropped... I can understand how you feel though... there is a VERY SMALL percentage on the forum that prefer the crop so it would have definitely been easier for us to sway towards not getting Odin's cropped or feeling bad about doing it (if we hadn't already made up our minds). We'd even told his breeder we decided not to... so we felt really bad when we changed our minds.

Of course I'm sure no one put you down they just simply state they prefer floppy. I can't wait to see pics! Glad you found a great vet that's the most important part... we did major research on vets before we picked one too!

Deapee... sorry your great dane's ears turned out to be a problem... I heard they we're a lot of work and well A LOT OF WORK. They are such a tall/long cut that it is hell to get them to stand up straight... it's possible just not the easiest.

Odin's ears were good after one taping... and I love how they let them air out and heal BEFORE we taped them!! Good LUCK!!! I bet you can't wait to see him!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will be sure to post pics once we get Tango readjusted.  Right now I just want to make sure he doesn't have any pain and is getting back to normal.  

The vet said he is coming out of the anesthestics a little slower than he would like, but they are running some fluids through him and all of his levels are good.

I will give another update once we get him home.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts