• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well I think I would like to hear your opinion on getting your Boxers ears Cropped or not.
Hears your chance to express your opinions...........

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I like both floppy and cropped. I can't imagine Chloe having cropped ears tho because she is just too goofy and her big floppy ears go along with her personality.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm a floppy girl. I do appreciate a nice long show crop, I think that looks real regal and majestic, but still I prefer the floppy look. I think the flop gives them more character and personality.  :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely floppy, altho both mine have cropped..Samson's were cut too short, it looks like a Dobi cut and Angel's were done by the breeder...Hers are really nice altho one ear flops a bit, but she has such a pretty head that it looks allright. I just think that they have a lot more expression with the natural ears, but it is a personal preference..I DO NOT believe you should crop just to make your dog look mean or intimidating, esp a boxer, it's just soo wrong....

Mastray & Odinsdad have a very lengthy thread regarding this and how their Odin's ears came out, you might want to read it..

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I like both.  Im thinking about cropping my next one.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Floppy for me but I do like the look of cropped if it is done correctly.

·
Registered
780 Posts
We will always go natural, I can't see putting the dog through the pain just for the look of cropped ears.  There are very few vets in our area who will even do it and in some states it is illegal now.  

It is a personal preference so it all depends on what you like and are willing to do.  We did have our first boxer/pit done but they were much shorter than a boxers ears would have normally been cropped but in the end they looked okay on Calli because she was a mix.  I remember her crying out whenever she would hit her ears after they were cropped and the pain she was in, to me it just wasn't worth it and I felt horrible the whole time she was healing up for putting her through that.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Something for me about the natural look. The flop, the wings when they run. I think Tootsie hit it perfectly it allows a bit more expression, I think. And floppy ears are just so cute. I wonder what a boxer would look like if it had ears like a Bassett :?:   Time to have GF bust out her photo shop skills :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i think on some boxers the crop looks great, but i also think the floppy look is so sweet and playfule. my girls are floppy, but i think in the future, when i get my male puppy (whose knows when that will be!!) i will crop-but only if his personality calls for it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Totally depends on the dog; some look better cropped, some are best left uncropped.  If you choose to crop, be sure to find a good, experienced vet - it can be quite painful in the wrong hands, but with a skilled vet the pups really don't show much discomfort, and are back to eating/playing as if nothing happened that same night.  Also be sure you have someone nearby who can help you tape the ears - this needs to be done usually for several months.  Sometimes the cropping vet will do it, but if you have to drive a distance for the surgery it usually isn't feasible to return weekly for taping.  Contact breeders in your area (you can talk to Dobe or Dane breeders, too) and find out who they use and recommend - generally there will only be one or two vets that the majority of breeders use.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I like them both but I like to see there floppy ears flapping in the wind when they run and stuff like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got Roxi' ears done and i think she looks great.
I will be keeping one of her female pups (Shilo) and I haven't decided yet if i want to go through all that again.
right now I'm thinking NO,
but who knows :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
I like both, but I do prefer cropped.  I've had 4 boxers throughout the years and my first 2 were cropped, while my 2 present ones are floppy.  I did try to get Roxy's cropped, but she had kennel cough when I got her and then after she got better she was too old and the vet wouldn't do it anymore.  When I got Astro he was too old already.  I'm going to try to get my next one's ears cropped.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Floppy all the way.  I just don't think there's any call to put a dog through surgery for cosmetic reasons.

There's a pan-European ban on cropping anyway, thank God.  For all breeds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts