Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xena has her ears natural and is constantly encountering ear problems. The vet gave me a cleanser and a cream and they work wonderfully...within 2 days...but i was wondering if she constantly encounters this because they are natural. Do your cropped babies experience fewer ear problems??

·
Registered
616 Posts
We have never had ear problems with ours.  Only once before Scout had his cropped did he have any problems.  It was one of the factors in the reason we went with the crop.   We have heard that natural ears have more infections though I've heard others say that it has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I've heard about the ear infection thing too... Toby's ears aren't floppy like a boxers.. They get air in them.. Neither does my boyfriend's pitbull.. Now my STB Inlaws have a yorkie/chihuahua and he's got floppy ears and has been to the vet for numerous ear infections..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I've heard both sides to this. The cropped ears let air in so there is less chance of infection. Then I hear, the cropped ears let dirt in so there is more infection.  :roll:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="tootsie\";p=\"8633":3156on03]I've heard both sides to this. The cropped ears let air in so there is less chance of infection. Then I hear, the cropped ears let dirt in so there is more infection.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Voltaire's ears are floppy and they're always filthy :roll: I mean really cruddy. I clean them every 7 to 10 days -i'm sure he'd catch something nasty every month if i didn't.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Libby has her ears cropped and she gets ear infections alot. Nash our pit has natural ears and we haven't had any, Gisselle so far has had any either

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Buck & Tia both have natural ears and they really didn't get that dirty...Course at the time I was also living in a dryer climate..I think the humidity does make it worse. Samson & Angel's ears (cropped) always seem dirty to me, so I have to be a lot more diligent about keeping them clean..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts