Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new here! Hey all!! I am hoping to get some advice. My 4 year old boxer has a cruciate ligament injury and has limped for quite a while. We took her to the vet and he told us that surgeries almost never work and will give her more problems in the future, we were told to limit her movement and exercise for a few months. Well since we have another boxer who is a rambunctious baby, this didn't work too well (as I'm sure you can imagine). I have been looking into the dog knee braces to maybe help support her knee, comfort her a bit, and encourage it to heal. Has anyone had any experience using one of these? What is a good one? Any other ideas for supplements or ways to help my poor pup? I'm in Canada.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My friend's bouncy boxer had a cruciate ligament injury, she tried alternative methods other than the surgery but it did not work. she had the surgery carried out about 5 weeks ago and it is working well.

I have met other boxers who have had TPLO surgery and they say it worked but expensive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The brace for a cruciate problem is a waste of money. I went that route. $1000 down the tube. The best thing you could do for a 4 year old boxer is get a new vet who is competent at knee surgeries.
My Lily has had two TPLO surgeries. One on each rear leg. After the recovery period, it is amazing to see them realize they can RUN again without pain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts