Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Last month and again this month my 8-month-old pup has been moaning and can't get comfortable, she lays down for about 10 min, cries and gets up and tries to lay somewhere else, but also eats grass and sometimes vomits. Is it possible its growing pains and the pain cause nausea which makes her vomit? I've been to the vet 4 times in a month, blood work, all organs fine, urine test to double check kidnets, all fine. Considering ultrasound if it carries on.
Any advice

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That is very strange, does she have a nice comfortable bed to lay in? Maybe its the dog food you are using maybe giving her a stomach ache? I would look into these possibilities.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put her on royal canin hypoallergenic after the first episode last month, all was fone until Thursday. Comfy bed, and sleeps on the couch and our bed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This sounds awful, so sorry to hear it. How often has this been happening? my 8.5 month old just went through a couple of weeks of not feeling well, started with a day of vomiting but after that laying around a lot, not feeling energetic. Did the vet do xrays to make sure there isn't a blockage? For my pup after 5 visits (xrays, ultrasound, bloodwork, physical exams), antibiotics were the answer. I hope your little girl feels better soon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all. Last month and again this month my 8-month-old pup has been moaning and can't get comfortable, she lays down for about 10 min, cries and gets up and tries to lay somewhere else, but also eats grass and sometimes vomits. Is it possible its growing pains and the pain cause nausea which makes her vomit? I've been to the vet 4 times in a month, blood work, all organs fine, urine test to double check kidnets, all fine. Considering ultrasound if it carries on.
Any advice
My puppy got her regular shots, then cried and whined for a couple days after. Just a thought.... Good luck finding the issue!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey All. It's been months since her shots, she developed a lump on top of her neck after her shots, that's about the only thing.
No, she hasn't been fixed as yet, waiting for her to get a little bit older, but if it was from that wouldn't she have started her heat? This happened last month as well, like period pains but no period or any other 'symptoms'

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went to the vet today. She is booked in for Xrays Monday morning and if Dr can't find anything then will do a Sonogram. Please pray that we get some diagnosis. Dr thinks it might be her right hip, she's not limping or anything like that though. Hope x-ray will reveal more if there is something else.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
OK well this sucks! And none of this is normal?? And it might be time to find another vet??? But if it's her right hip?? Then poke her in the right hip and see if there is any reaction?? If she is eating grass?? I tend to think that point's to tummy issues??"

Don't feed her for a day and then try this.
Recipe: Chicken and Rice Dog Food for Upset Stomach

I have no idea if that is a solution but it seem's like it's time to try something different??? :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK well this sucks! And none of this is normal?? And it might be time to find another vet??? But if it's her right hip?? Then poke her in the right hip and see if there is any reaction?? If she is eating grass?? I tend to think that point's to tummy issues??"

Don't feed her for a day and then try this.
Recipe: Chicken and Rice Dog Food for Upset Stomach

I have no idea if that is a solution but it seem's like it's time to try something different??? :(
This is the 3rd Doctor and 2nd Vet clinic that I've been to. Her symptoms are so varied that it could be so many things...hopefully the x-ray will pick up something else if it's not the hip. She runs Round and jumps with no issues or limping...so not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi all. Okay so Harley has a stone in her tummy, but Doctor says it's on the way out, so hopefully she poops it out soon.
And she has Hip Dysplasia!! Poor dog!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's good to know what the problem is hopefully the stone will come on out without surgery. Its obviously hurting her though so I hope they have a plan for surgery if it doesn't resolve. Hip dysplasia is not good but can be managed. I hope they did talk to you about this. There are supplements that may help and you need to have a management plan in place for her.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
A stone?? Well that explains it. And any idea why it took so long to figure it out?? And the Hip Dysplasia, is not good but now you know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A stone?? Well that explains it. And any idea why it took so long to figure it out?? And the Hip Dysplasia, is not good but now you know.
Who knows?? Because an x-ray was the last thing they wanted to do, and it's the first thing I wanted to do, even when I saw the 1st Dr a month ago. But anyway, it's all good now to know what happened. And she pooped the stone out the next day

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Glad the stone came out on its own. You may want to look into some supplements for her for her hip dysplasia there is glucosamine and other things you can do as well as limiting her jumping and activities that will help not aggravate her hips. Good luck with her.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts