Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Sadie was flying down the deck stairs because she was so excited to see my Mom who had just arrived...she did a face plant into the driveway...ouch. I think she skipped one stair which made here slip.  So she seemed fine at the time she was just as excited afterward and she didn't yelp or anything. BUT today we notice she has a cut on her chin. It is red and it looks like she scraped some of the skin off  :(  Is there anything I could use to make sure it doesn't get infected? Should I take her to the vet for this? I can post a pic if you want to see...Poor little girl. I'll tell you, she went down the stairs VERY slowly today.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Awwww  :(  babykins.... poor Sadie. Try betadine. That's what my vet usually prescribes for cuts and scrapes. You can get it over the counter, cheap and effective. She'll get over it quick i'm sure :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I have used Neosporin on Kiah, I like the cream with the pain medication in it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just put some neosporin on it and make sure you don't get an infection... Toby has done face plants plenty of times and I have a picture of his one that he did and it covered his whole chin.. The scab fell off although he had a pinkish scar to it..

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking may neosporin, but wanted to make sure that was okay to use. We have some so I'll try that. Thank god for you guys, or else I'd be calling the vet for every little thing...I'm not paranoid, I swear  :oops:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Poor Sadie!!! A big ouch on her sweet face!!! Hope it heals quickly and neosporin is a good choice.  My vet said it won't hurt her even if she licks it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Aww Sadie! I agree with the neosporin used it many of times on Chloe. Give her kisses from Chloe and I. Poor baby  :(

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Poor Sadie, was she trying out for the Olympic long jump maybe? Neosporin will do great, and it won't hurt if she somehow manages to lick a bit....Give that little sweetheart a big hug for me....

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
samsonsmom\";p=\"32896 said:
Poor Sadie, was she trying out for the Olympic long jump maybe?.
I am seriously laughjng my a## off right now..hilarious!!!!She was going for the long jump for sure!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts