2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hair Blue Human body Water Organism

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Whiskers Fawn

Eye Blue Plant Gesture Fawn

Fawn Whiskers Dog Foot Snout

Wrinkle Nerve Disfigurement Electric blue Throat

Hello Al!
I’m so glad I found this forum. Our sweet 6 year old Leo is having some foot issues. They started in late January, he’d go out in the snow, his foot would bleed. We called the vet and kept his outdoor time to strictly bathroom breaks. It’s progressively gotten worse and he’s at the vet almost weekly now for check ups. We were told he had allergies, then an infection, told that if it didn’t heal it was a possible foreign body and just Monday were were told its probably cancerous. He’s currently on prednisone, an antibiotic, doing nightly epsom salt soaks and his foot is placed in a bootie for every bathroom break/sunbathing time. He also wears a cone at night or when we can’t supervise although he doesn’t seem it lick.
Before we started epsom salt soaks we were also using a medicated shampoo on him but was told to stop. He’s going in 2 weeks for a core biopsy on the lumps and a needle aspiration biopsy on a lymph node on his leg as the lymph node is swollen and hopefully we’ll finally have some answers. In the meantime while we wait has anyone ever seen something like this and what was the outcome? It’s a large bump between toes and then a sore on the bottom on his foot, originally it was just the sore on the bottom and less then a month ago it was not this bad (these photos were taken on Monday).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Oh that looks awful! i can’t help but wonder why the Vers would wait this long to biopsy this? That makes no sense to me. Being his lymph node is swollen it’s probably not a good thing I was always told by my Vets any kind of bump or growth On the feet or lower leg face and chest area should be investigated and or removed as soon as possible. I am hoping for the best for you but my opinion is this really doesn’t look like there’s going to be a good outcome here I’m sorry to say I really hope I’m wrong.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Oh my! I agree that looks bad and angry. I would be sure they biopsy it sooner than later and if it turns out to be something not good there are likely options to help. Please let us know how it turns out. Sending good wishes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a little update; we took Leo to the vet again yesterday because he was constantly bleeding. A higher up doctor looked at him and said it’s a tumour and he’ll now be having surgery next week. Vet informed us that he will most likely lose 2 toes, but he will do his best to save them. We’ll be sending his toes off for pathology to find out if it’s malignant or benign.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts